Chapter Four

Chapter 4

Walking into my science class all I could do was think about the yelling match I had with Mia in the hall. I miss her being my best friend, but I don't want her to get involved with my shit. I don't want anyone to get involved with my shit.

Sitting down, I rub my head in frustration.

"That was quite a show you just performed there"

"I don't want to hear it Ryder, I've got a hangover and all the yelling did not help" I say to the boy next to me.

"You just can't go a day without giving people a show, can you?" Without even looking at him I can tell Ryder has a smirk on his face "and I will be getting you back for yesterday."

"Why's that Ryder?" I ask, turning to look at him "did I embarrass you in front of the whole school? Did I make you look weak? Did I make everyone laugh at you? Well news flash Ryder, that's how you made me for two fucking years" I yell the last part, my anger getting the best of me and I'm having a difficult time not punching him.

"Ohh calm down Paris, it wasn't that bad." Is he really this arrogant.

When he said that it made me jump up from my chair and look at him. At this time the teacher had come in and all the students looking at us. "Not that bad? Not that fucking bad you say? You guys were telling me to kill myself because I was a waist of space and nobody wanted me here!" I yell at him. "Do you want to know something? I was this fucking close" I say, holding my fingers less than a centimeter apart "to killing myself to make you all fucking happy, six fucking times." I hiss at him through clenched teeth "I tried killing myself six fucking times but I was left here to have you all make me feel like shit every fucking day. Is that still not bad enough Ryder, did I make you do what I did from what happened to you yesterday? Tell me Ryder, tell me what you fucking think."

Ryder's hand shot up to his mouth in shock, some people did the same and others gasp but I didn't pay attention to them, all my focus was on the grey eyed guy in front of me. "Paris-" he said in a hushed voice.

"I don't want to hear it" I say before grabbing all my stuff and storming out the room. I don't stop running until I got to my locker, put my books in there and grab my purse. I close my locker door and start running again, I can hear someone calling my name and running after me but I just ignore it and don't stop running until I make it at the back door of the school which I run through.

I find the dark alleyway that's between the cafeteria and gym and make my way through till I'm about halfway down. Sliding my back down the wall, I bring my knees up and put my head in between them, trying to calm myself down. After a few seconds I can tell that it isn't going to work so I look through my purse until I find my pack of smokes and lighter, lighting one and putting in between my lips before I return the items.

"Paris"

Turning my head to see the entrance of the alleyway I see who's been chancing me "what do you want Ryder?" I say getting up and walking over to him. I blow a breath of smoke in his face which causes him to scrunch up his nose.

"Paris" he repeats reaching for the arm I have rested on my hip. Before I have a chance to argue Ryder pulls the sleeve of my jacket up revealing all the faded marks. "Oh Paris" he says running his thumb over them "omg I'm such an idiot, I'm so so stupid" he whispers, more to himself then me. "I'm so so sorry Paris" he says, looking up to meet my eyes. "If I had known-"

"But you didn't" I say snatching my arm out off his grip and taking another long drag of the cigaret before blowing it off to the side. "You didn't know."

"I'm so so sorry Paris, I'm such a dick." He pulls me into an unexpected hug. "You have every right to hate me"

"Ryder calm down, it's fine"