Chapter Seventeen

READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END!!

__________________________

Chapter Seventeen

"Hey"

It had been about two hours since me and dad had left my room but half an hour ago I returned for some peace and no on had disturbed me so far. Apart from now.

I look away from the ceiling and towards the door to see Ryder standing there. "Hey," I answer and take a sip from the beer in my right hand.

"Why are you hiding out in here?" he ask as he comes and takes a seat next to me on my bed.

"It just gets overwhelming," I say an turn my head to look at Ryder to find that he's already looking at me, "It's been months since we've all been together and I just need to get away from it all for a bit."

"Yeah I can see what you mean," Ryder lets out a nerves chuckle, "I've just had a very intense conversation with your dad."

I put my hand over my mouth to hide my laugh but when at his distressed look but when Ryder sends me a look as to say 'shut-the-fuck-up', I claimed down and said, "well I'm not going to say sorry about that," Ryder pouts his lips, making him look adorably yet hot at the same time with his strong cheek bones and chiseled jaw, "I'm still pissed off at you," I explain.

Ryder sighs before replying, "is that why you've been ignoring me, Mia and Asher these past two days?" He asks, "because you're mad at me?"

"No," I say and take another sip of beer, "I'm ignoring you guys because if you don't hang around me anymore then you won't get dragged into my shit."

"Baby girl," there's that cute little pet name again, "I don't know if you have noticed or not but Mia is dating Kyle, Asher and Jason are practically best friends and you guys have beer so I'm always around, we're bound to get involved with your shit if you ignore us or not."

I let out a bark of laughter and Ryder chuckles a little before I claim down. "I guess your right," I sigh and surprise Ryder by snuggling into his chest and nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck. After a few seconds he happily wraps his arms around me, "but I'm still mad at you."

Ryder smirks down at my and looks at were our body's are joined, no space in between the two of us, "yeah, real mad." I lift my leg up fast so my knee is aiming for his 'special spot' but he must of been expecting it because he flinches back a bit and cups his hand around my knee, stopping it from getting to its destination.

"Eh, eh, eh, baby girl," Ryder shakes his head with a boyish grin, "don't touch me there if you aren't prepared for what happens next.'

I quickly pull my leg put of his grasp and as he lets out a deep chuckle I hide my face in his neck so he can't see the blush forming on my checks.

Wait.

When the hell do I blush.

I never blush.

I haven't blushed since Mia's cousin called me cute when we were fifteen.

What the fuck is this boy doing to me.

I get pulled out of my thoughts by Ryder letting out a sigh as he pulls me closer to his muscled chest. "I really am sorry, baby girl," he presses a soft kiss to the top of my head, I hardly even felt it, "I should never of called you that, it was wrong of me and completely untrue. As soon as the words left my mouth I wanted to take them back."

Ryder doesn't even have to say it but I know that he's talking about our argument behind the club on last Friday night.

"Then why did you say it?" It's the question I've been wanting to ask Ryder all weekend. "There must be a reason why you called me a slut," I say and I sit up out of Ryder's embrace.