Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

"What up girlie?" I open my eyes and lift my head to see both Asher and Mia sit down across from me at the table I was sitting at.

I grunt in reply to Asher's question and rest my head back down on my arms. Mia chuckles at my lack of enthusiasm and I smile. Ever since the night at the club her and Asher were a bit distant, Mia more so then Asher. It was completely understandable. After a few days the three of us talked and I explained everything a bit better, I told them I hated that I was in the gang and doing what I do. Things have been getting better since that.

"Cheer up Paris," Ryder was the last person to join from our little group, "it's not that bad," he places his hand on my thigh and squeezes and I grunt.

"You know what this is about then?" Asher ask Ryder. I didn't hear Ryder answer so I'm guessing he just nodded. "What's wrong then, Paris?"

"My mom has a boyfriend," I tell the two, "an her boyfriend has a son."

I could tell the others were confused by what I said. "What's so bad about that?" Mia ask me, "is the boyfriend the problem?"

"No," I say quickly, "I'm happy my mum is getting out there. It's the son that's the problem."

I lifted my head up and look at my friends to see them frowning at me, "what's so bad about him?"

As Mia ask a shadow of a person loomed over us and I know who it is without even looking at the person, "it's him," I say and point up at the person.

"How did you know it was me?" Dylan ask.

I look at up at him and smirk at him, "it's not hard to tell when an asshole stands next to you."

"Now, now. That's not a nice thing to say to your future step-brother."

Ryder was the first to laugh and then Asher and Mia joined him as Dylan smirked and I put my head in my hands.

The laughing stopped when the sound of four phones getting a text message sounded.

Asher, Ryder, Mia and I all got our phones and read the message that was sent out by Jason.

"Are you guys going," I ask them once I read the message and put my phone back in my bag.

"I can't," Mia says, "I have to go see my grandparents this weekend."

"That sucks but I can't go either," Asher smirks, "I've got a date, collage chick, massive jugs."

I roll my eyes at him and Dylan laughs, "what's going on then? I'm feeling really left out."

"It's Paris' 18th this week," Ryder grins and I groan. I'm pretty sure everyone else is more excited then me.

"That's exciting," Dylan says, "but I'm still confused about what's going on."

"My friends wants to go out of town to celebrate this weekend," I tell him.

"No better way to celebrate your 18th birthday then a good party," he says and starts to walk away but shouts back, "see you soon sis!"

"Fuck off!

_______________

"I know you don't want to be here Paris, but could you at least pretend to be happy tonight?" I glare at my mother one last time before putting a tight lip smile on my face.

"Happy?" I sarcastically ask.

"No, but I know it's as good as I'm going to get."

The rest of the ride to the restaurant was spent in a tense silence. Once we parked and walking into the building mom lead me over to a table were the two men were sitting.