Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

"Why are we here?" I ask as we pull up out the front of Ryder's house. I had been here a few times over the past few months and its a big house-not like a mansion but still big. Ryder only lives here with his mother who I have meet a few times, she's a nice lady and always has a embarrassing story to tell about Ryder but she's a business woman and is hardly ever home. Ryder also told me that he had an older brother who is in his final year of collage but I haven't meet him yet, due to him being in in Seattle.

"I just have to pick something up," is all Ryder replies before he helps me off the bike and leads me to the front door. He quickly unlocks it and let's me in first.

Ryder doesn't walk out of the front room but instead he walks over to the small table on the left wall and drops his motorbike keys in the bowl that sits there and picks out a new set of keys before leading me through a door I had never been through before.

I soon figured out that we had entered the garage but at first it was hard to see because it was so dark but soon a 'click' broke the silence and the room was filled with light.

The first thing that I saw was a cherry red sports car. It was a sexy car and it look fast - I didn't really know anything about cars so I wasn't really sure.

"Hot car," I say as I lightly run my hand over the side of the car, "is it yours?" I turn my head towards Ryder and he smirks and nods with his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "I didn't know you had a car."

Ryder bits his lip and he looks up and down my body which is leaning against the end car with one leg propped up. Ryder's eyes are filled with lust, causing me to smirk.

"There's a lot you don't know about me," his voice was huskier then usual making me grin. Ryder rolls his eyes and walks around and opens the passenger door, "get it, Baby Girl." I roll my eyes as I sit in the black, leather seat and Ryder is soon to join me in the drivers side.

"So what are we doing?" I ask once we're driving down the road.

"First we're going to get dinner," Ryder is tapping is fingers to the beat of the song that's playing over the radio, "and then I'm showing you something."

"What will you be showing me?"

"You told me your secret, so I'm showing you mine," he says as he pulls into a car park in front of a restaurant. I'm about to open my door but Ryder holds his hand up to stop me and he quickly gets out of the car and comes around and opens my door.

"Such a gentlemen," I tease Ryder as he helps me out of the car.

Ryder winks at me, "of cause I am," he places his hand on the small of my back and starts to lead me to the Asian style restaurant, "I'm Ryder Knight."

Instead of replying I just roll my eyes and and wait as Ryder gets us a table. The restraint is fairly busy so it takes a few minutes before we're lead over to an empty booth.

"So are you going to tell me what your secret is?" I ask, not looking up from the menu in front of me.

"It's honestly not that interesting," I look up at Ryder to see that he's already looking at me, "but I'm not going to tell you until we get there."

"Where is 'there'?" I ask.

"Not going to tell you," Ryder chuckles and passes our means back to the waiter after ordering for the two of us, "you're just going to have to wait and see."

"That sucks."

The two of us talk lightly until our meals come and we eat in silence. Once we finished eating Ryder pays and ten leads me out of the restaurant.

"Come on," he says as the two of us walk pass his car. I look at him confused for him to explain, "the best place to get ice cream is just down the road and I feel like ice cream."

I silently agree and we take the 5 minute walk down the busy street to the ice cream shop in silence with Ryder's arm tightly wrapped me, pulling me into his warmth.

Once we arrive at the colorful building, Ryder holds the door open for me like he did for me at the restaurant.

"Shit." Ryder wasn't kidding when he said that this was the best place to get ice cream, this place had every flavor in the book. Just by glancing at them all I can tell they have all type of candy and chocolate, every type of fruit and different flavors of drinks.

"What do you want?" Ryder looks down at me. I don't hesitate with the flavors I want an then go and sit down.

"You didn't have to pay for me," I say once Ryder sits across from me and passes me my ice cream order. Ryder just shrugs and smirks and me as he eats he chocolate and orange ice cream.

"Why are you so obsessed with that?" Ryder ask randomly as he gestures to my ice cream. I look at him confused and he explains further, "Vodka and cream eggs?"

A big grin covers my face as I think back on the memory, "one weekend when Mia and I were 14, I was sleeping at her place and her parents had to leave over night for business and wouldn't be back until the next night," I start to tell the story and Ryder looks at me and he listens and eats, "I had just had a bad week at school so we were just watching movies and eating chocolate. Mia went up and got a jug of water for us, it was half way through the jug that we figured out that it wasn't water we were drinking."

Ryder starts to cough on his ice cream as he laughs, "the first time you got drunk was when you were 14 and on accident," I nod and Ryder burst out laughing, "but that doesn't really explain the obsession."

"Once we found out that the water was vodka Mia dared me to eat four cream eggs while chugging the vodka in five minutes," I laugh I little as I think about it.

"Did you do it?"

"Surprisingly," I say, "yes." Ryder lets out a bark of laughter, causing the few people in the building to give us weird stares. Once Ryder calms down I continue, "that was our tradition, whenever one of our houses was parent-free for at least 24-hours we would get drunk and eat crap."

"You're just full of surprises," Ryder says and he shacks his head in disbelief, he's probably trying to imagine the two nerds the whole school used to bully get drunk every other weekend. "Come on," he says as he stands up, "we should leave now before we're late."

I follow Ryder ad throw out my trash before exiting the building and walking down the street back to the restaurant. "Late to were?" I ask hopefully.

"That's not gonna work baby girl."

I let out a few colorful words as I think about what we could possibly be late for at 9:00pm.

I really don't think Ryder is secretly a prostitute so I cross a street corner of the list.

I silently climb into the car as Ryder holds the door open for me, a give him a quick thanks before he walks around to the drivers side of the car.

As Ryder drives I continue to think about were he could be taking me. I cross of a whole different bunch of situations off my imaginary list.

"Stop think so hard about it," Ryder's hand giving my thigh a squeeze brings me away from my thoughts.

"I just don't like surprises," I tell him. I don't tell Ryder to move his hand a his thumb starts to rub circles on my leg, his touch claiming me. I don't know what Ryder does but I love the way he touches me, so gently but possessively. It scares me how he can control me with one single touch but a love it.

"Yeah," he mumbles quietly, "I'll never make that mistake again."

I let out a bark of laughter as I remember a few weeks back when he tried to scare me by jumping out at me, I had punched him, dislocating his jaw in the process. We had to get Kyle to pop it back into place and it was pretty funny.

"You deserved that for trying to scare me."

"Yeah, yeah" he pats my thigh, "we're here."

I'm quick to start surveying the area as we drive up to a small stadium. I'm confused until we drive through the wire gates that are open at the moment. All around the are cars, some are blasting music and some have their hoods up as people look at the engines. I know exactly what this is.

"Drag racing," I say as he pulls into a spot next to a car with a guy looking at the engine.

"Yep," he says excitedly, "I'm guessing by your grin that you like?"

"Love it," I say and follow Ryder's lead and step out of the car.

"Let's go," Ryder pulls me into his side and we start to walk amongst all the cars.

As we walk I notice Ryder glare at a few different people but he suddenly stops walking and glares at one person. I turn to look we're he is and catch the gaze of a man.

This man was the definition of greasy. He look about 35 with a beer gut. His skin was pale and oily. He had little hair and the hair he did have was grey, the top of his head was so shiny I could probably see my reflection on it. The thing that disgusted me the most was that he was shamelessly looking up and down my body and he's taking absolutely no notice of that behind me Ryder I probably getting ready to murder him.

"Come on," I place my hand on Ryder's chest, causing him to look down at me and when he does his face softens, "lets go."

Ryder nods and brings me back into his side and walks away from the guy.

"So we're are we going?" I ask after we've walked a few steps.

Ryder's anger seems to have sizzled away in the short time. "You're just full of questions tonight, aren't you?" Ryder grins at me but I just give him a flat look, "I've got a friend here I want you to meet.

"You've got friends?" I ask innocently. Ryder playfully glares at me but soon chuckles.

"Yeah, but there not very good."

"What aren't very good?"

Ryder and I turn at the sound of a new voice, well, Ryder turns around but since his arm is still around me he took me with him.

"My friends," Ryder says as he grins at the man in front of us.

The unknown man places a hand on his chest in mock hurt, "I'm offended , Knight," his gaze then switches to me, "and who's this then."

Ryder chuckles and brings me to stand in front of him with both his hands on my hips, "Danny this is Paris. Paris," he squeezes my hips, "this is my friend Danny."

Danny was only a few years older the us, I'd say around the twins age. He was lanky but had a bit of muscle, short, dirty blond hair and brown eyes. He was reasonably cute.

"Hey," I say simply and flash him a smile.

"It's nice to finally meet you Paris," Danny grins at me, "Ryder here hasn't been able to shut up about you for a while." Danny winks at me and I laugh and look up at Ryder.

"Really now," I say an look up at Ryder's face which has a frown on it, "only good things I would hope."

"Of course," Danny grins, "he sure is smitten for you."

My eyes widen and Danny burst out laughing. "Dude," Ryder says from behind me, "what the hell?"

"Sorry," Danny calms down, "I just couldn't resist."

I roll my eye at him and Ryder pulls pulls me further into his chest before he speaks to his friend again, "where have you been anyway? We've been looking for you."

"I've been looking for you," Danny lets out one last chuckle and he checks his phone, "your race starts in 7 minutes."

Ryder nods at his friend and turns around and starts to walk, I quirky follow after him and he pulled me back into his side by putting his arm back around my waist. Danny was soon to full into step on Ryder's other side.

"So you're racing tonight," I state as we head back in the direction of Ryder's car.

"Yep," he says, popping the 'p', "do you wanna ride with me?" He ask as the three of us walk up to his red car. I still can't get my head around the fact that he has a car and he hasn't told me. It's something so basic but yet I didn't know.

"Nah," I say as I lean against the car, "I'll just watch."

I watch as Ryder's jaw tensed for a second before he sighs and nods, "just stay with Danny."

I nod and am about to answer when an arm is thrown over my shoulder and I'm pulled into Danny's chest, "don't worry about her, Ryder," he says as he pats my head, "I'll take good care of her."

Before I had the chance to say a goodbye to Ryder I was dragged away. "Where are we going?"
I ask Danny.

"To find a good spot," is all he replied.

Danny takes his arm back from around my shoulders once Ryder was out of sight and puts a hand on the small of my back.

"He is such an idiot," Danny mumbles and I look over my shoulder at him and he just innocently grins at me so I just let it go with a shrug.

"So how do you know Ryder?" I ask once we were situated right on the side of the track.

"Our mothers," is all he says and cranes his neck to see where the race is starting at the moment.

There were four cars in this race. I could easily tell which one was Ryder's because his was the only red car. Suddenly a girl in very minimum clothing and the highest heels I have ever seen walks out and in the middle of the four cars and raises her hands and then she flys them back down and all the cars speed past her. I actually feel sorry for the poor girl, I would not be able to stand out there in hardly any clothes and have for cars speed past with in an inch of me.

The race didn't last for very long, only a few minutes. With in the first 30 seconds two of the cars had stopped, the first driver list control of the car some how and then caused the only car behind it to crash into it.

With those two cars out of the race there was only Ryder and another driver left. Throughout the whole race the two drivers were neck to neck and I was cheering on Ryder with Danny all the way. It was the last ten meters were everything got close, the two cars weren't even separated by an inch and they were going as fast as I think the cars could.

"Come on, Ryder," I scream along Danny and a few others around us. It was just at the last second when Ryder was able to speed up a bit and was able to just get in front of the other car and speeds over the finish line.

I cheer loudly as Ryder pulls to a stop at the end and I let out a little laugh, "he's actually good," I mumble to no one certain.

"Of course he is," Danny claps me on the back, startling me, "he's the best." With that said Danny hops over the wooden barrier the was separating us from the track and he the holds out a hand to help me which I happily tack.

"He speaks a lot about you, you know?" Danny tells me and slings an arm around my shoulders as we Mae our way slowly over to Ryder, "never shuts up about you," Danny smirks as he talks about his friend.

"That's kinda creepy," I nervously chuckle.

"It's not creepy," Danny says, "it's sweet."

"What's sweet?"

I laugh a little bit at Ryder and walk over to him and wrap my arms around his waist, "congratulations," I say completely ignoring his question.

Ryder looks down at me with amused eyes when I snuggle further into his chest but I just grin up at him when he tightly wraps his arms around me. "Thanks," he say.

I can tell he's about to say more but gets cut of by a man, "Paris Jackson." The first thing that got me worried was that the persons voice was unknown to me and that he knew my name. The second thing was the way he spat out my last name, and the last thing was that it was the greasy looking guy from before.

Well this can't be good.

_____________________________________________

AN: IM SOO SORRY!!

I don't even know what to say really, but I'm really sorry about the long wait. My family left a few days ago so I spent most of my time writing this. I made it longer for you guys is well.

It might take a while for me to get back into the flow of writing but I'll try and do my best to get the next chapter out on time.

SHARE. FOLLOW. VOTE.

I LOVE YOU ALL!