Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"We were so in love" I say in a quiet voice "we didn't care that he was six years older then me" Mia's eyes grow wider still "we didn't care that it was dangerous" I keep going "we didn't care what anyone thought of us and that was what made us, us. Sean made me who I am today and for that I love him. I will always love him no matter what, he was my first love and I'll never forget him." I take a deep breath before continuing "he trained me with help from everyone and it just all came natural to me, the martial arts, shooting a gun, everything just came to me like a second nature and a month later I was out with the crew doing runs and just doing what they did."

"Everyone in the crew has a job" Josh speaks "we all did something better then the rest so that was our job. There were nine of us with Sean but now there's eight." As Josh keeps talking I have gotten up from the couch and I walked over to the television to pick up a photo frame that sits there, all the while feeling someone's eyes on me.

I turn back around and Ryder quickly removes his gaze from me and I walk over to the other couch and hand the photo frame to Mia who is sitting in the middle. "That's us" I say and sit back down next to the boys "the crew. It was taken the night before everything happened." I say keeping my eyes on the back of the frame while they look at the nine happy people in the picture.

"The other girl is Violet" Kyle says "she works with most of the hand-to-hand combat, since she's so small, she's able to move her way around her target easier." Violet is tiny, about 3 inches shorter to me but she's a mega bitch but has a great personality.

"Drake" Jason is the one to continue "he's Vi's boyfriend, quiet dude but loyal as fuck, do anything for his family and take a bullet for any of us in that photo. He's security, making sure everything is a safe us possible for us when we go out on hits and stuff." Drake is quiet but a great friend. He's buff as hell and the strongest out of us all.

"Next is Sam" Josh says leaning forward and resting is arms on is knees "he works with all the product that our crew has to sell and trade."

"Product?" Asher ask in a small voice.

"Weapons, money, cars and drugs" I answer simply "that kind of stuff. Then there's Johnny" I name the last person in our crew "he does all the computer stuff, hacks and all that. When I first moved to New York he was the one that understood what I was going through so I grew closest to him, he's a brother to me."

"What do you mean by 'understood what you were going through'?" Asher as, repeating what I said.

"When I first meet him, he was two years out off high school. He was a nerd, despite being in the gang he was still a nerd and he got teased for it. He couldn't hurt any of them because they didn't know about the gang or who he was. He took all their crap but it still affected him like it affected me" I take a deep breath as I remember my past, the hard and painful past. "He knew what I went through when no one else did, not even Sean, so he helped me deal with it and get past it, because of that we grew close and he protected me from all the harsh words, all the mean comments because he didn't want me to spend my last two years in high school, like my first two, the same way he had too."

There was I long brake and I watched Asher and Ryder look guilty because they knew that they were the cause of it all and even though I have forgiven them for it I want them to feel guilty because they can never take it back.

"What, what are your jobs" Asher stutters, braking the awkwardness that he's feeling. He sounds as if he doesn't know weather to ask or not.

"I'm the transport" Josh is our best driver and after him the other to guys say their jobs.

Jason's as next "shooting" he says "long distance or short, I'm the best shooter."

And last was Kyle "I work with knives. I can hit my target perfectly from up to 30 meters away."

Everyone's head were turned to me, waiting for me to answer but I knew once I did, that my three new friends would be scared and I wasn't sure if I was ready to lose someone else. "Sean trained me" is how I decided to start "there was a reason that he was the one to train me, because when you train someone, you train them in what you're best at. He trained me to be his partner and once he did, we were unstoppable. We were the best. Our whole crew was the best really, all gangs and mobs in New York feared us but they didn't dare get in the way of Sean and I because they knew that they wouldn't come out of it alive.

"We were silent as the night, dark as shadows and that's what made us great together not just as a team but as a couple is well. Sean train me and he train me to be the best and together we were. He trained me to kill" Mia had tears in her eyes by now. "He trained me to kill our enemy's without a second thought, to do it quickly and cleanly and that's what I do best."

"S...so y..you're a..a..an assassin" by her stuttering I know that I've managed to scare Mia and I don't know if I should be proud of that or not.

"If me being able to kill everyone in this room, walk out alive with no broken bones, scares, completely health and with 100 knowing that we're the only people in here. If being able to walk out of this room and still make people believe that I'm the victim in all of it, then yes, I'm an assassin." My tone is harsh at the end and Mia uses her hands to hide the gasp that escapes her lips as tears roll down her cheeks. Asher has wide eyes staring at me in shock and Ryder is biting his lip, look at me as if he's trying to figure something out.

There was a long pause after my little speech before Kyle broke "What happened tonight" Kyle says "was an act of revenge" he says no more.

"Revenge to who?" This is the first time Ryder has spoken since we have started our story.

"Me" all heads turn to look at me. "The day after I that photo was taken, I was kidnapped. I was being stupid and not being careful. I forgot my training because I was so happy and excited. I had just gotten off the phone with Sean and he said he had a surprise waiting for me and I was so excited that I didn't noticed that I was being followed and once I did it was to late.

"I was tide to a chair, in a dark room, receiving bread and water once a day, for six days till they found me. They would beat me daily is well, the Dragons are known for their torture methods" I say as I look to the side, not being able to meet any of their eyes.

"What, what do you mean by torture methods?" Ryder asks.

Instead of answering, I stood up on top of the coffee table that was seated in between the two couches that we were sitting on and I showed them the inside of my left leg first, slowly turning the leg around so they could see it from all angels.

"What the hell" Ryder says "that's so fucked up" he states.

"It's gang life Ryder" I say as I sit back down "we all have scares and mine just happen to be cuts on my leg from the torture that they used on me." Those six days were hell for me, each day they would come back and cut my leg open, cut different designs into it, to the bone and then come back and stitch me up so they could just come back the next day and do it again.

"Why? Why would you put yourself through all that shit?" He ask, Ryder seems like the only one that can actually form sentences at the moment.

Without hesitation Kyle, the twins and I all replied with the words that we were told when we were told about the gang "Family, Love and Friendship" we all say.

The three of them had a confused look on their faces so Kyle continued to explain. "Those words are what are most important in the world, to us anyway. The gang is a family" he says "friendship is what brought us together and love is what keeps us together. It all started with my great grandfather. He fell in-love with a mobsters daughter but at the time he was just your everyday teenager back then and in love my great-grandmothers but her father didn't want that for his daughter, he didn't want his daughter with someone that couldn't protect himself, let alone someone else.

"So my great grandfather started to train to be in the mob for his love and he did with the help of his friends. Over the years the two of them got married and had kids, they got away from the mob but some years later they started to get threatened, so with the help of friends they got rid of the threat but stayed alert and it grew from that."

Kyle takes a deep sigh before going on. "That's how the gang was formed all those years ago. To prove to family, with friendships and all for love."

"That-that still doesn't explain what happen tonight" Asher says, looking away from us.

"When I was kidnaped" I say "when the gang had found me six days later. They came to get me back. Once the dragons had realized what was going on they put a gun to my head to shoot and kill but Sean came busting through the door just in time.

"That day there were two people in that room with me, Liam, who's pretty high in his gang and a guy called Mitch. Mitch was the second in command for the dragons and he was the on holding the gun to my head. Once Sean saw what was going on he tackled Mitch to the ground and they started fighting. I can't really remember what happened next" I closed my eyes to keep back the unwanted tears and I felt Josh put his hand on my back in comfort.

"But Sean manages to untie me while Mitch was on the ground and he hugged me tight and told me he loved me just and the bullet went through his back." I gasp as the tears slid down my cheeks slowly. It's such a painful memory to think about. "He died in my arms and he kept telling me how much he loved me and how I had to move on and forget about him, but I knew that I would never forget about him. That whole year he was my life and I would never forget about him.

"The whole time that Sean was dying in my arms, Liam and Mitch stood above me, laughing at us and once Sean let out his final breath I acted on impulse and picked at the gun that had ended Sean's life and fired at Mitch without thinking. He fell to the floor at once, dead and I turned the gun to shot Liam but he was already out the door so I continued to cry." I wipe away the few tears that have fell before continuing

"It was Kyle that found me. All I remember is him walking through the door and taking in the site before I blacked out." I sighed "I woke up a week later, went to the funeral and after that things just got worse. The dragons were out for my blood and I started to do drugs and drink everyday until I blacked out. I did that for a few months until one day when I was just out in the streets, being careless. I had a bottle of vodka in one hand and some weed in the other and I got shot. I was lucky that Drake was out following me and he fought of the people that shot me and got me back to my fathers apartment before I lost to much blood enough blood to kill me but I still almost died that day.

"After that day I realized that Sean wouldn't want me to live my life like that because of him. He would want me to have fun and be me so I fixed myself up and came back out here to finish high school without any distractions." I finished and just waited fire someone to say something.

After a few minutes Ryder spoke up "so you guys had no idea that this was going to happen tonight at the club?"

"A few months ago we found out that they knew we were here but after a couple of months we thought we were safe because nothing had happened" Kyle says.

"H-how did you found out that they knew you were here?" Mia ask in a small voice and she looks down at her feet. I look over at Kyle to see that he has a painful expression on his face as he looks at her.

Instead of speaking,I got up from my seat on the couch and walked into the kitchen with all eyes on me. I grabbed the chain that was in with the cutlery, walked back into the livening room and placed it on the coffee table between the two couches.

"This was Sean's" I tell them "he wore it everywhere and after that day they took it. I found it in my locker a few months ago."

"What is it" Asher ask as he gazes at the chain and pendent.

I look over at Kyle to answer and he takes the chain off from around his neck that we under his shirt and places it next to the identical one on the table. "Our mother gave them to us before she died, to tell us that she would always be with us and watching us grow. To tell us how much she loves us and that she will be proud no matter what. It's the only thing I have of her now" he says the last few words quietly, almost at a whisper.

"So what happens now?" Asher ask.

"We don't know" I'm the one to speak up "but we're going to get some visitors soon and I don't know if there going to be wanted or not."

_________________________________

AN: It's Done!!!

I know that this chapter is dark and all that but it's the last one :) the rest of the chapter will be like the past chapters.

Who likes the new cover?!?

http://www.wattpad.com/story/9032644-day-45

CHEEK OUT my short story, Day 45, I've posted everything that I've written for it but I plane on putting up one last bit for it :) After I finish Day 45 I plan on posting another short story that I have recently written in English class is well. I know what your thinking, why the hell does her class write so many short stories? Well I don't really know myself. I'll let you know how I go with all the updates :).

I'm not really sure when the next chapter will be up but I'll make it as quick as possible because it's my last term of the year and I'm swamped with homework and I'm preparing for a school trip to Spain next year but I'll do my best to get it up in two weeks :)

Send in questions and suggestions for the book is well!!

VOTE COMMENT READ

Until next time my lovely readers

-Chelsey xx