Chapter Five

Chapter 5

The rest of the day went by quickly. I talked to Asher for a bit at lunch and then Ryder pulled me away so we could go back to the alleyway to continue getting to know each other more. When I told him what I said to Christy in English he cracked up with laughter. It took me five minutes to calm him down. He also offered to help me with my homework because he's getting C's and B's in all his classes and that's all I need to get so I accepted.

"Think of it as another sorry for what I did to you" he said.

I'm now standing outside the doors of the school waiting for Ryder.

"Hey Paris" I hear from behind me. I turn around expecting Ryder but its Asher.

"Hey Asher, what's up?" I ask once he reaches me.

"What you doing this afternoon?"

"We're just hanging out" I tell him "you want to come over?"

"Yeah sure" he says nodding his head.

"Cool, I just need to wait for Ryder"

"You guys are friends now?" He ask with disbelief.

"Yeah. We talked today and we decided to be friends" I tell him, hoping he hasn't heard about my little outburst in science.

We talk for a bit about random things waiting for Ryder to come which is about five minutes later after Asher came. We all say our hellos and I explain that Asher hung out with me and the guys last night. Ryder tells us that he had to sneak away form his detention. As I'm about to walk down the steps I hear someone else call after me.

"Paris!" She shouts.

"What do you want Mia?" I ask her

"We're going to hang out sometime" she states.

"You're not going to give this up are you?" I ask with a sigh.

"No"

"Fine you can hang out with us today if you want" I tell her, causing her to smile bigger. "Come on, lets see what one of the boys has graced me with their presents."

I climb down the steps and walk over to the car park with the other three around me and I instantly spot Kyle leaning against my black motorbike. "Kyle I brought more friends for you guys" I say to him as he passes me my helmet.

Kyle inmates a 9 year old on Christmas Day when opening the bike he's always wanted by jumping up and down clapping his hands. "Kyle these are Ryder and Mia" I say pointing to each of them in turn "and this is Kyle" I say pointing to Kyle.

The all say there hellos but Kyle won't stop staring at Mia and she doesn't even notice it. "Hey aren't you the guy that Paris was in a fight with yesterday?" Kyle ask Ryder once he snapped out of his trance.

"Yeah but we started talking to and yeah..." Ryder trailed off.

"Ok let's get going" I say "give me the keys" I tell Kyle, holding out my hand.

"No I'm driving" he says.

"No I am, it's my bike so I'm driving."

"No I was nice enough to come and pick you up so I'm driving."

"I'm not in the mood to go to hospital so I'm driving"

"What do you mean by that" Kyle says, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I mean that last time you drove a motorbike you ended up in hospital for a week. I actually can't believe Josh let you bring the bike in the first place" I say shaking my head.