Prologue[Edited]

She had made it out again, which meant she could breathe again.

Being outside wasn't easy, just like learning that Time, was passing her by as she felt imprisoned by being put to sleep, something she didn't like very much.

' Just like sleeping beauty, you deserve rest.' She had heard those words before she disappeared from the world.

Too many times she had heard it.

It felt right to breathe because freedom felt good to experience.

Every opportunity she received, she did not waste it, like today.

Time was limited but she would make the best of it.

Her little heart jumped with anticipation when thoughts of meeting her friend again, swarmed her mind.

They had promised each other that they would meet. She wanted to always honour that promise because to her, this promise felt good to keep.

Her first friend. That alone was reason enough to put a smile upon her face.

She felt like she could talk to him about anything. Even so, she loved hearing about his stories. His stories were always so interesting, it felt like she was part of it and was experiencing the other side.

Trees and more trees, this was what she was used to seeing, and not all the wonderful things her friend told her about.

Every story he told, she made sure to jot down all the details she could remember, in her little notebook, once she returned back home.

Home, could she still call it that?

The way her friend described home was far different from all she knew. She desired to have that, just a little. The warmth and comfort. These all seemed magical in her eyes.

As she walked along the path, she was starting to now memorize all the little details of time spent in their spot, instant excitement took over then. She wondered what stories her friend had for her today, and what games they would play together.

They played alot of fun games.

One day they'd played for so long, she literally forgot about everything. It made her shudder to think of the consequences she'd face, if ever she was caught.

It was tough to keep secrets but she hid them well.

She never used to keep secrets when her mother was alive, she had no reason to. But now.....

"Hmm...." She hummed to herself while walking.

Her destination was near, she got extra excited.

She would meet her friend like the last time.

" Ha!" She gasped all of a sudden, her footsteps halting in place.

So near yet so far her desired destination was, but so loud and clear, that bell sounded.

Her whole body froze for a second as realization took over.

He was returning.

Oh no.

All plans, all joy and excitement disappeared and now was replaced by fear and dread.

She had to return as soon as possible.

With one last glance to her new favourite place, she bid it goodbye before she took off running.