Chapter 4 [ Edited]

Kate sat on the bench, listening to music through her headphones. She watched Nick and his friends play a round of basketball.

At some point during the game, he stopped for a second, just to throw a wink her way, making her blush even more than she already was. Nick was charming and surely had an effect on her. In his present, her face would warm up and heart would start racing, all because of how he made her feel.

It was another afternoon where she had decided to accompany him, to one of these friendly games. It had been a while since she'd done it due to being busy lately.

It felt good to be able to find the time once again.

She felt relaxed and in a good mood. Shed even brought along a few stuff, to keep her a little busy. As he'd gotten back to the game again, she took out a notepad and pencil, and began to draw. 

At that moment, childhood memories came to mind. There was a time where laugher was more natural for her to experience, caused by the simplest of things, like running around and playing games.

She paused from drawing and looked around, admiring nature and the Creston royal town which she now considered home. Creston Royal town was a small town which had about 8000 people living in it.
It had been known for its beautiful mountains and forest, as well as its warm people.

Most importantly, it was famous for its beautiful lake, which was known to be mesmerizing at night but mostly on very hot days. The town had been called a sleepy town by some visitors and everyone knew everyone, murders had occurred over the years but were few, to the point that it became almost became a distant memory. Calmness had overtaken the town atmosphere now.

One thing was for sure, Kate arrived at the right time, where noise about murders had remained silent.

Kate caught sight of something worth a smile. Two little girls were playing and laughing at a distance. They looked so happy and thag was contagious in its itself. It's unfortunate however that her eyes wondered elsewhere for a moment, which was enough to affect her. Her smile slowly dropped as something struck her attention.

She found herself frozen in place as her heart dropped to her knees. Her eyes widened, the longer everything settled in mind. 

She couldn't believe it, she couldn't believe that this was happenings before her very own eyes.

At a distance he stood, in his black leather jacket and black boots, he did not move but stared back at her. Her heart started to beat really fast when he started towards the road, with intention to cross it and head her way.

Suddenly a big truck drove passed, totally blocking her view of the strange man. Seconds felt like hours in waiting, for the truck to completely move past. The minute it dud, a frown settled on her face when that figure was no longer there. All she saw was he empty street once again. It's like he wasn't there in the first place.

She almost jumped out of her skin by the feeling of something touching her shoulder. The call of her name had her look away from the spot, only to see Madison standing behind her. She blinked twice, wanting to make sure that she was still in the same place.

Having gotten back to reality, she stared up at Maddison, or better yet Maddie, who was her classmate and part of the school netball team. Maddie surely thought that Kate was a kind person and was drawn to her good nature. It almost felt natural to be around her.

She, being a netball captain and all, she did pretty well in school and had a bright future. She was admired for it. Kate considered her a friend in time of getting to know her.

''Kate, are you okay?'' She asked.

''I'm fine, I'm fine,'' Kate breathed out, trying to mask her initial shock.