Chapter 14[Editing]

She tapped her pen over and over again while she gazed through the window. Kate felt like a zombie going through a boring last lesson that seemed to go on forever, as much she didn't mind English to be the last lesson, today seemed to just be a draining day and she now wished she would get out of there already. She breathed out slowly as she wished watched cars drive past the school, people walking in pairs while others seemed like lovely souls wandering off the long road. As she was about to return back to life and get back to her work, there across the street he looked out of a grey creseda and he seemed to be looking at the same window that Kate had been gazing on.

Her heart began to race, sweat dripped down from her forehead and her eyes widened as emotions seemed to cloud her mind and body, she couldn't stop staring at the window.
Why couldn't she?

The only man who made her feel like a prisoner in her own skin sat there in the old creseda, haunting her once more and eating her, no little Amy back.

Just as she was about to get up from her seat and rush out of that classroom, so she would run like before and not return, not looking back, the bell rang once more and without thinking, she took her things and rushed off, she walked so fast that she thought she couldn't even stop moving, walking and now running , running like one crazy maniac.

She rushed down the stairs, until she got to the last one and continued with her fast pace until she made a turn to the left side of the passage. She paused for a bit, she leaned against the wall, trying to catch her breath and then she turned making an attempt to move again and instant rush filled her body, a splash of water sprinkled on her clothes when she accidentally bumped the geneter.

Her eyes immediately passed him when an instant emotion of embarrassment flushed through her face, she couldn't get herself to look at the man.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" she blurted out.

The man didn't say any thing but just mopped the water on the floor which made Kate feel ashamed for her act of craziness that led to the poor guy cleaning, Kate watched as the guy cleaned, focusing on what he was doing. The man wore his genetor attire with a worn out green baseball cap which had his face and his expression. As she moved a bit, making space for the guy to do his job, he slowly dried the floor and stepped aside for Kate to walk past which she did while she felt guilty for the accident.

She slowly paced through the hall while people started clearing out of the exit, she made a stop by her locker where she played with the door while she felt exhausted from all the running and the emotions which now seemed to drain her out. She didn't like feeling like this and always being on alert even if there was nothing to worry about, she instantly felt interrupted by the sudden beep from her phone, she had gotten a text that said ' meet me at Carlos P'
................... ..........

"You're really good with your hands Max" Julie said.

"Aaah well they've gotten work for something, anyway I'm done" he said.

"Really?"

Max gave a nod as he had a sip from his soda that Julie had offered to him when she had asked for his help regarding her car. They then took a sit outside of the garage where Max worked now and he was doing by all means to try and control his excitement to having company such as Julie, a really pretty girl which he found attractive.

"Thank you" Julie said.

"It was no problem, anyway I'm glad I could help out"

Julie smiled and then checked her phone that beeped, it was a text that came from Kate, telling her that she would be much earlier since she asked someone to cover for her at work.

"Its Kate, she'll be early tonight" she said with a frown.

"Is there a problem?"

"I don't know, but I guess I'll just have to check with her when she gets home"

"So can I ask you something?" She continued.

"Sure"

"Well I know this might sound forward but do you write, um poetry maybe?" She bit her lip nervously.

"Not really why?" Max now had a frown on.

"Well its just that, I happened to notice a very beautiful short poem on your dresser, I know I had no right to -"

" its okay" he immediately said.

" I'm sorry, its just that it was hauntingly beautiful, so did you write it?"

" no someone gave it to me"

"Must be very special" she said.

" yes she is"

" Is she still around or she is -"

"She's still around " he said in a more guarded tone.

Julie swallowed hard as she asked this question." Do I know her?"

Max thought long and hard about the answer and he didn't want to mess things up with his new friendship with Julie, most importantly Kate.

"No" he lied.

" I hope I can meet her one day and compliment her on her poem"

" I'm sure she'll appreciate that" he forced a smile.

Julie forced a smile too but couldn't shake off the feeling that Max was hiding something, since his hard tone constantly came out when he answered the questions regarding the owner of the poem. The question that became clear in her mind was

'Who was the mysterious girl with the beautiful poem?'
................................................................................................................

Thank you to my readers. Oh I need your suggestions on who could be the character Max. This would be much appreciated.