Chapter 20[Editing]

A night out after work was what Kate needed and she was quite glad that Nick suggested it. He had felt rather bad for not being there for Kate ,when she went to fetch her car, so he thought eating out was a little something to make it up to her.

As they were in the middle if dinner, Kate thought this was a good time to talk about their plans concerning college and other things, she let out a breath after she had a sip of her soda, she looked over at Nick and then said.

" so Anna and I have found the perfect apartment for us but umm, it's close to the college, we're kinda excited" she said nervously.

Kate noticed that Nick had fallen quiet and she was quite curious as to his sudden silence.

" aren't you going to say anything? "

" I'm sorry, it sounds like it'll be quite benefitting for the two of you"

" but?"

" but it's still quite a distance from my place and I know that we talked about our arrangement and it was fine at the beginning-"

" now you don't think so?" Kate asked as a frown became visible in her forehead.

Nick kept quiet for a while and a waiter cleared the plates for them while they waited for dessert .

" I just feel like the 2hour drive is still a bit of a distance, not that I mind driving to see you. ..I just wish it were a few minutes that's all"

" okay how about we look for a new place, where you, me, Anna and Danny share"

" as enlightening as that idea sounds, you heard how they freaked out about that idea, I don't think Danny and Anna would survive seeing each other every night and imagine when Stacey visits him-" he paused as he noticed Kate's sudden eyes that looked away as if trying to avoid something.

" I thought the whole Stacey issue was past us now " he said .

" well we practically left it on the note that we'd agree to disagree in the fact that she still has unresolved feelings for you"

" okay.....even so, she knows where my heart belongs to.."

" true but has she accepted it?" Kate watched as Nick sighed in frustration, so she continued" I don't want us to fight but if we don't talk about deep issues and find solutions or an understanding, what will happen once we're married huh?"

Before Nick could say anything, their dessert came and once the waiter was gone, Nick got his chance to talk" you're right and you know what , I'll talk to her tomorrow"

" good luck with the sugarcoating words" she muttered and when he shot her a look, she mouthed a 'sorry' and they got back to dessert.

A stroll down the street under the moonlight was what they both needed. Just for the two of them to have that one on one time spent , hand in hand they window shopped and Nick broke the silence when he said" I read your play"

" and ?" Kate asked suddenly feeling curious.

" I like it, its quite deep and I'm pretty sure you'll be a great Ezra"

Ezra was the main character in the play that Kate presented. It was the one theatre play that made an impact in town back in the day, Kate's mom played the lead role Ezra, and she lived the character and brought it to life, the play was created by someone who gave it to Amelia as a gift, the person wanted to remain anonymous and still today, the writer and creator remains unknown. Amelia Presley had been one of the most promising theatre actresses and writers, the play Ezra was based on the story of a young beautiful woman who was secretly admired by a man named Shade, a man who his from the world and new the ugly of the world but only the beauty and presence of Ezra made life more beautiful. The play had a mixture of Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the beast , it had a little twist to it where Amelia used a hypnotic spell as the trick to make her fall asleep than a prick to the finger, the play became a hit but what stood out was Amelia's poem, which she'd added to the poem , one used in Ezra's dreams. Kate loved listening to her mother retell the story and watching her relive it through her eyes.

" I don't know if I'll do it, you know how I get with big roles, so it's a definite no no....,"

" babe, you are a gifted writer and an inspiring actress I think you should give yourself more time on stage, to get the real picture of you as Ezra"

" haaa....maybe you're right"

" I know I am"

" confident much" she said as she playfully shoved him back, they carried on their way, hand in hand, together.

...............................

It had been in the night where Julie and Anna decided to have dinner at Kate's workplace as a way of waiting for her, to knock off.

Only a few customers were busy eating and it was close to closing time, so Kate took a sit at the girls table. Anna was busy talking about the date she'd go to the next day, as she was busy talking, she noticed both Kate and Julie distracted.

" okay since both of you are miles away, what's up?" She said and both Julie and Kate looked at each other. Kate didn't say anything as she still felt unsure about what she had seen after school. Nick had asked her to fetch him his change of clothes in Danny's trunk, so when she did, she accidentally saw Danny's shirt with a split if blood and not only was it there, it was also on his training sneakers and his pocket knife was there which was weird because he only brought it if he was going out, but not at school. She knew better than to make assumptions but she couldn't help be curious.

Julie on the other hand felt a bit uneasy since the last chat she had with Max. Knowing something so important and not being able to share it was totally eating her alive, she didn't like keeping things from Kate but she had promised Max that she wouldn't say anything , and besides this had to do with Kate and Max.

" I should get back to work" Kate said .

" no , you aren't moving from this seat until you tell her."

Julie suddenly became alert" tell me what?"

Kate didn't say anything, so Julie felt like she was left with no choice, so she began" Kate recently got an anonymous call which was creepy and she seems to think it was a Halloween prank which we don't"

" what was the call about?"

" well at first there was a frightened female asking for my help, telling me to return to 'him' so he would stop doing whatever that he normally does"

Julie frowned and concern shot in when she asked" Do you think it might be-"

" no , he's faraway and he'll never come back "

" okay....but I just think we should tell mom and dad"

" no, I don't want to worry them about some silly game someone decided to play on me" Anna and Julie looked at each other.

" don't you think its better to be safe then sorry?" Anna asked.

" guys it's nothing and I haven't received anymore of those calls, now can we please drop it......I'd better get back"

She stood up and walked off before either of them could say anything, Julie and Anna both sighed since they knew all too well when Kate was being stubborn, either way they were still concerned about her and the mysterious call.