Chapter 19[Editing]

Max played with his fingers , proving to Julie how nervous he was, but that didn't mean anything to her because in an instant , she had put on her protective cloth that helped whenever it involved her baby cousin sister. As much as she liked Max, one thing that would change all if that was Kate's well being , if he was in anyway messing with her and being the one has made her feel so on edge, and a little distant again, there would be hell to pay.

" I'm waiting" she said impatiently.

" right" Max cleared his throat before saying" I know what you saw may have assumed something, but I can assure you that it's not what it looks like?"

" end explain to me why I found some of my sisters things in your box, her pictures, earring ......are you stalking her or what?"

" no!" He said immediately wide eyed .

" then what,because I can't find any other reason why her things would be in your possession, I certainly doubt that she would agree to you having her things!" She raised her voice, she was upset, she knew that and if things got worse, she might regret her actions later.

" it was for safe keeping, for me"

" why?"

" because I needed something that was hers to be in my possession, all for selfish reasons ofcourse " he muttered the last part.

" okay now you've proven to me that you're a stalker" she immediately got up from the couch and walked to the door, since she'd had enough.

" I'm not a stalker"

" " sure you aren't" " Julie muttered sarcastically as she made her way to the door.

" I was reminding myself of Amileen!" He blurted out as she touched the doorknob.

That surely made her stop in her tracks, Amileen, when was the last time she had heard that name, that name been buried along with so much of the past and now here was this stranger bringing it back, he just dug the name out of the grave. She went pale as she made an uneasy turn. Her eyes locked with Max's and that's when she said" where did you hear about little Amy?"

Max rubbed the back of his neck, then bit his lips, that was one of his bad habits whenever he was nervous or felt cornered.

" I didn't hear about her but I know her, I've seen her"

" what are you talking about?" She asked with ought hesitation.

" please sit down so I can explain" he surely pleaded with Hus eyes and his voice had softened, making her sit down even though she was on high alert. Max followed suit and sat opposite her.

" when I was young, I was just like any other growing bit who loved everything that involved adventures, I didn't have many friends, just one or two and whenever my family and I took holiday trips, I would wander off into the nearest woods, I mean that's where the fun was right?"

He paused , then continued after a few seconds" that's how I met her, Amileen well Kate "

Julie shit him a look which made him clear his throat.

" I was once playing in the woods when I accidentally caught sight if her, in a yellow sundress, black shoes, black hairband and I couldn't help but want to be in her presence, she HD seemed to be in her own world but when I approached her and our eyes locked, she did not run nor tease me but just smiled". Max smiled, reliving the memory.

" we basically became friends and would meet every now and then in the afternoon , just as the sun was setting, we played and talked. We instantly became close, inseparable even and she was just my own little getaway from family drama, she was shy at first but soon she became cheery and happy especially when she saw me, umm the last time I saw her was a day I would not recall as fun or enlightening"

" what do you mean?" Julie asked as she was now curious , she had no doubt that he was telling the truth because she knew very well of the story of little Amy's mystery friend. She had heard it countless times from Kate, the mysterious boy who she named ' Shade' , one of the characters in the theatre plays that her mom did , Shade was a mysterious man who was protective and in love with Ezra( her moms character). Moments with the mysterious boy were one of Kate's vest childhood memories.

" when it was time for my family to head back home, I somehow knew that day would be one of the worst days if my life, my parents decided on us leaving at night and I was glad to spend the rest of the day with Amy. Everything was quite strange about that day, I had been early to arrive at our spot for once and she was quite late for our meeting, even so , something about her triggered in me" Julie frowned at this but it did not replace the sadness in her eyes .

" she had in the same outfit she had had when I'd met her and it was quite dirty, she had this deep scar on her back, just at the end of her neck. She explained that she had gotten cut by a metal at her father's garage and she had no time to look for a chance of clothes,since she was eager to see me again. As time neared for me to go, it was evident that she was sad and hurt, I had promised her that I'd see her again but I didn't, once I left, my life turned upside down"

He held his head in his hands as he said" before we parted ways, she gave me the little poem, told me that her mom who was in heaven gave it to her, told me about her moms play , it was her way of telling me to never forget her , I promised to keep it safe until we met again, I can still remember her smile and that last wave before she disappeared into the woods." When he looked up at Julie, her eyes were glossy with threatening tears.

" I'm sorry if I've made you upset" he said.

" it's beautiful, the story.....but what I don't get is why you have Kate's things" she said.

" because I know that little Amy is now Kate" he sighed before he continued" the first time I returned here, I was still In the planning of moving on and starting afresh, but when I saw her at her workplace.. ..something about her smile and warmness in her eyes triggered something in me, something familiar and her voice echoed in my mind, especially when I saw frequently and that's when I began having dreams of little Amy and the poem was just there. I did some investigation and I came out with my conclusion ."

" does she know who you really are?"

" no and I'd like to keep it that way" he said in a change of tune.

" why not?" She asked in surprise.

" because that's how it's suppose to be, she already has a life now with so much good for the future, and I'm doing my best to live a meaningful life, this is one thing which could be a complication and I don't want that, she doesn't need it , I won't say anything and neither are you" he said in a warning tone, making her swallow hard.