Chapter 21[Editing]

Good practice, Maddie thought as she was busy dressing up in the girls locker room, she had been quite glad that she got invited to join the others for a nice weekend away at Paradise Island. Even that name said so much and was quite inviting, after she had left the room and was close to her locker when she haulted on her tracks, she hid behind the wall. What had caught her attention was the fact that Stacey and Danny were standing together and having an intense conversation, Danny seemed somewhat concerned while Stacey kept playing with a strand of her hair, that was an indication of her being nervous, with curiosity in her, Maddie listened in .

" what if something goes wrong, huh?" Danny asked.

" no it can't , " Stacey quickly said.

" well whatever happens we can't back out now, " Danny said.

" yeah I know, besides I want this to work so badly, I can't lose again"

" me neither , I've waited for this for too long now, anyway everything has already been set and I can't guarantee that everything will be the same again after this" Danny said.

Stacey closed her eyes for a few seconds before re opening them again, Danny then leaned forward to her and kissed her forehead, suddenly Maddie's cell rang , she quickly took it out , pretending to be oblivious about what she just saw and heard. She answered the phone, and when her eyes looked up again, both Danny and Stacey were walking away, pretending as if nothing happened. This surely made Maddie suspicious.

Max sat slumped on his couch while watching the TV, it had been his day off, so chilling alone was all he needed. He could have invited Austin or the girls but he didn't want to bother them an besides he still didn't know where he stood with Julie, after theur last conversation. As his mind wondered about the possibility of not seeing the girls again ,the door bell rang .

He lazily went over to the door and was surprised to see a nervous looking Julie on his front door.

" Julie , I wasn't expecting-"

" can I come in?" She asked urgently.

" sure" he moves out of the way and let her in.

Julie paced up and down the living room, questioning herself on whether she did the right thing by coming, well there was no more turning back now.

" can I get you something to drink?"

" no I'm fine....well no I'm not fine"

" okay mind telling me what this is about?"

Julie took in a deep breath and said" I know I shouldn't but I feel like you have a right to know"

" know what?" He sat down.

" about little Amy, well Kate's past... When she met you , she told me that day was her best one but when you left, her heart was broken and she had no hope , all because of the life she escaped from when you were around"

" mind telling me more? "

" Max , Kate had a pretty hectic childhood......have you ever heard of the inspiring doctor Brown who had been committed in a special hospital, all because of his state of mind-"

" yeah he took quite a hit when his wife passed on ,the beautiful Emilia Presley, he basically endangered his daughter, some say that she had been isolated from the world"

" we never got to see her picture though" she said.

" yeah" he rubbed his chin lightly as he was deep in thought.

" do you know why?" Julie asked as she choked on a sob.

" it must have been torturous for her? "

" it was more than that, he left her scarred and now she sometimes has to have something to make her feel a little normal, when you last saw Kate, you said that she seemed quite different"

" yeah she was a bit closed off, she had a few scars and-" Max paused as things stared to click.

" Max, Kate ....little Amy was the same girl living that life" Max stood up and began packing back and forth, trying to make sense of it all.

" I can't believe this" he muttered to himself.

" well it is what it is and if you don't tell her the truth, I can bet that all she'll have of you, are memories when you two can reunite and make new memories" Julie said.

Max sat down again ,thinking long and hard about what just heard, there was no easy decision to make, either way.

...........................,......,

The cool chilly night had served its purpose as the two families celebrated the news of Kate and Nick's engagement. Getting everyone together for dinner had gone well and even though questions like aren't you too young, what about school may have not surprised Kate and Nick, but they never expected Nick's dad to include the half of the restaurant on the news, guess he was ecstatic about the idea.

Kate was quite relieved that everyone had given them their blessing and were happy for Kate and Nick, now all was left to so was to share the news with their friends. Well that would have to wait for a while, her feeling over the moon was soon replaced by concern when standing in front of her was a nervous Max, who looked like he had not slept for days.

She had wanted to surprise Max at his house but them she was the one being surprised.

Max let out a breath as he took one last look at Kate, then he took out the little piece of paper from his back pocket, he opened it and began reading the poem out loud. Once he was done, he folded it and then looked at a teary eyed Kate. He expected anything from her but all she did was take little steps back before running off to her house, he was left standing there and he didn't even chase nor call after her , because he knew all to well that Kate was just too shocked to even react to the fact that the same boy from the woods, who'd left her , had found her again.

.............................................................................................................

Sorry guys for the short chapter, promise I will try to make it longer and soon , all will be revealed.