Chapter 27[Editing]

Pain shot in Anna's head as she raised it, she dropped back down and when she moved her arm, her hand soon got in contact with something soft, like hair. It was cold and she nervously explored the structure but soon she touched what seemed like eyes, that's when she freaked out and did her best to get up. As she did, her feet bumped into something again and that's when she felt her jean pockets, realizing that she had Danny's lighter, she took it out and flashed it, creating light in the darkness she was in. Looking around, her eyes widened in terror when she realization that she was surrounded by corpses, what seemed to break her most, was seeing Rachel, her classmate and of course those other girls. She screamed at the top of her lungs that it took quite a while for her to hear that someone was calling out , and surprise surprise, it was Stacey.

" help me Stacey! " she cried out.

" I'm here, look you've gotter climb out, I'll help you!"

" okay!" Anna responded and at first she threw the lighter up, throwing out of the pit where Stacey used it to see her. She slowly and nervously began climbing the rocky wall. Halfway through it, she almost missed her footing but she held on, knowing full well that she never wanted to spend another second down there. Finally getting out, with the help of Stacey, she fell on her knees, breathing hard and trying to catch her breath.

" thanks" she mumbled.

" no prob.....we've got to get back" Stacey responded.

"Did you'll find Kate?" Stacey shook her head.

" no, but I'm sure Nick will and I hope he does" Stacey mumbled.

Anna quirked her brow.

" I may have been a bitch to her, but I don't wish her dead" nothing more was said, so they got up in unison and as Anna was about to say something, her eyes noticed something behind Stacey.

" Stacey watch out!" Anna screamed and just when Stacey whipped her head around did she meet the slash of the machete on her neck, bloom spurred across her neck and at that time, Anna ran away. Stacey was then shoved into the pit like she had never lived.

" well seems like no ones here" Austin said, entering the room Max was in.

" I guess we'll have to go on a search, I'm sure that they aren't that far" Max replied, he picked up Kate's bracelet from the nightstand and felt embarrassing tears threaten to come out.

" we'll find her" Austin said, touching Max's shoulder and giving it a squeeze.

Max his the bracelet in his pocket and didn't want Austin to see the gun he had bought earlier. A loud bang downstairs had both guys rush out of the room, only to be met by Anna's frame that was slouched on the couch, looking distraught.

" Anna!" Austin called out and was the first to run to her, taking her in his arms.

" Austin, there....there" she kept stammering on her words between sobs.

" shh...." Austin motioned for her to take deep breaths while Max rushed to the kitchen to grab her some water, once returned, she took it and gulped a mouthful.

" thank you" she quietly said, she kept on trying to breathe. Max knelt in front of her.

" he's here, he killed Stacey and - "

" who's here?" Austin and Max asked in unison.

" doctor Brown, he's here and I saw him"

" okay.....do you know where Kate is?" Max asked, hope etched in his tone.

" yes, no.....we had taken a stroll earlier and I left her to get my stupid camera, when I returned, she was gone......I noticed blood on the grass and - "

" shit!" Max cursed, rising to his feet.

" I'm starting to think that something has happened to her" she continued, both guys passed a look at her with exasperated looks.

..........

Kate woke up to discover that she was not experiencing a bad dream, but that she was still tied up with wires. She looked around and saw that she was now alone in this creepy room, taking that opportunity, she took a deep breath before she held it in as she tried pulling out her hand. Pain shot through and she cried out in agony, she took deep breaths again and said a silent prayer as she carried on with her attempts. Finally one was out and she let a long breath out. Getting ready to do the same to her next hand, her eyes quickly caught a glimpse of a pliers not too far from her, reaching out for it, the wires dug deep in her skin making it hard to reach out, but she fought through the pain.

Once she got a hold of it, she twisted the wires until they let loose of her wrists, sitting up right, she did the same action to her ankles until she was free, she sighed a breath of relief and placed the tool on her side. Slowly she placed her feet on the cold floor on unsteady feet, where she fell to the ground as her body weight took over. Trying to get up seemed almost impossible and she resorted to crying out for help with her horse voice.

" hello, anybody!" Her voice strengthen a bit, but not to normal.

" Kate! " she stilled for a bit, hearing the one voice that brought tears to her cheeks, Nick!

" Nick, I'm in here! I can't "

" Babe I'm going to get you out okay!.....try to stay calm for me!" Nick tried coming her down.

" please hurry!" She pleaded in between sobs, besides the pain she was experiencing, her heat was happy and relieved, to know that she would once again reunite with Nick.