Chapter 12[Editing]

Kate moaned as she woke up in the morning, she felt so happy that she didn't even recognize herself, she was simply happy and not because of last nights activity but that she had finally opened up to Nick and now she could finally breathe. It was like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders and she felt free for the first time in a long time.

Thank goodness they still had a whole day before they returned home, she loved the fact that she had a day spent alone with Nick and with no interruptions. She really wished that last night would repeat itself but she knew that very soon reality would kick in, she got off the bed and dressed in Nicks shirt, she wondered he had gone off to so early in the morning.

Once entering the living room , her eyes noticed the table full of food and her stomach instantly grumbled. She decided to have a piece of toast as she waited for him but soon she found herself munching more then she should have, a few minutes later Nick appeared and he smiled at her once he saw her eating while she felt a little embarassed at how she attacked the food.

"sorry" she said.

"no, I love that you helped yourself" he said as he went over to her and kissed her forehead.

"join me" she said and the only thing he did was take a bite of the toast she had in her hand.

"thank you for a wonderful night" she said.

"you deserved it and you made my night" Nick said with a smile.

"alright, well I was thinking that we could take a stroll around the area since we still have a whole day to spend together" Kate said as she stood up from the couch.

"okay but not until I've given you this" Nick said and then he went over to the fire place where above it was a rose from one of the beautiful bouquets which decorated the place nicely.

He held it out to her where she took it and with that she gave him a peck on the cheeks.

"another present?" she asked.

"this is the last one" he said.

Kate looked the rose over and noticed something inside in which had her blinking twice. Inside the rose was a beautiful, shiny diamond ring, she nervously took out of the rose where she placed the rose on the couch so she could have a better look at the ring. Her eyes had widened when she noticed Nick get down on his knee and looked ever nervous.

" Nick what re you doing?" Kate asked with her fast beating heart.

"I was going to do this last night but a lot happened, and I'm glad that I am doing this now" Nick said.

Kate took out a breath.

"babe, I have been battling with what to say and how I would say this and that is why I went out, to think things through but now that you are in front of me, I can only express what I feel at this moment, " Nick took a breath before he continued.

"Kate before you met me, I also had a life, a life that only had me in it besides my friends and family. I had been so focused on football and my future which didn't include girls but then you came along and I guess I changed my mind. I started to realise that I wanted a girl to be in my life and without a doubt I knew that the girl I was looking for was you. "

Kate couldn't help the many emotions she was feeling at that moment.

"I had thought that I would go crazy if I didn't make you my girl but you didn't make it any easier for me, I had to work to get your attention and damn girl you made me work" Nick said in an exaggerated sigh which made her giggle.

"But that's what I liked about you, the fact that you made it hard and almost impossible for me to get your number and get you to go out with me, when I had finally gotten you to go out with me, I knew that you were someone special, a person I would love to spend more time with and Id miss terribly when you were gone. Kate all I'm saying is that I'm still that guy who believes that you are special, the same one who would get all nervous when I saw you." Kate had gotten all tear eyed now.

Nick sighed before continuing and just went with it.

" I love you like crazy, I miss you more even though you are just at home and a phone call away, my heart does this weird quick flip whenever you smile. I love when you laugh and the person that you are, the person who is always there for me no matter what and shows me love without me having to doubt that you do. I was once just a guy who was all about himself but now there's you in which my life has been completed. I could take all day expressing how much I love and adore you, I value you and appreciate you for being you, I.. um Kate Dawson will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?"

Kate took a minute before she said." yes Nick, ill marry you"

" really, wait, I must be dreaming....Can you repeat that for me?" Nick said in amazement.

"yes dummy, Ill marry you" Kate said and with that Nick placed the ring in her finger and immediately after, he took her in his arms and kissed her passionately.

"wow I did it and you said yes... wow" Nick said with a huge smile.

Kate giggled as he carried her to the bedroom.

...........

A stroll around the area made the whole day more special where the two had a nice talk and had no interruptions, especially now that both had to take the whole engagement in.

"you are such a romantic Mr" Kate said while she looked around the woods and taking in the nature.

" well I don't mean to brag but I am, I'm sure that I'm the first one in your life" Nick said.

As he carried on he looked over his shoulder to see Kate not joining him but she stood in place and had a serious face on which had him at a curiosity.

" Kate..."

"um I forgot a minor detail to my story yesterday" she said as she played with her fingers.

"okay" he said slowly as he went to stand in front of her, readying himself of what she had to say.

"um I had met a boy"

" when ?" he asked.

" when I first got used to going into the woods, it suddenly became a norm to me especially when we became friends"."

"Did he...."

"no, he never knew about my situation at home and I wanted to tell him but I never got a chance to cause he suddenly disappeared and I never saw him again." she looked down and Nick moved much closer to her where he took her hand.

"you miss him?" Nick asked, feeling weird that he just asked his fiancé about she missing another boy who he knew very well that he was now a man.

" kinda, well I had thought of him every now and then" she said nervously as she avoided Nicks eyes.

"Are you disappointed, that I'm mentioning another guy at this moment?"

" no, not at all, you are just being honest and I'm not bothered by that cause I have nothing to worry about since you, will soon be my future wife" he said as he kissed her hand and she smiled in relief.

"okay" she nodded.

"now can we continue with our perfect day and loving each other?"

"okay" she nodded.

"okay" he said as he led her through the woods.

Kate felt relieved about what had occurred and now would carry on with her life as she prepared for a new one with no threat in sight, she thought.