Chapter 10[ Edited]

"Hey sleepy head, it's your anniversary!" Julie entered the room with excitement.

She found Kate chilling in bed as if it was a normal day.

"You make it sound like its something extravagant," Kate said in amusement.

" Well it's a special day, but you aren't showing it." Julie frowned a little.

" Show what?"

" Excitement duh?" Julie rolled her eyes playfully.

" I am excited. "

" Sure you are." Julie Saud sarcastically.

" I really am, especially knowing that we are okay." A smile lifted onto Kate's face as she reminisced about last night.

Julie sat down on Kate's bed and couldn't help but smile too. Seeing Kate in a good mood made her heart feel warm.

" I'm glad you guys are okay and you know what?" Julie leaned forward a bit, as if she was about to share the latest gossip.

" What?" Kate raised her brow.

" You two are like the hottest couple I know."

"Now, you are full of exaggeration." Kate shook her head.

" I don't think I am." Julie said in sing song tone.

All amusement left Kate when something came to mind 

Julie noticed the sudden chanfe in Kate. " What is it?"

" Uh, I don't mean to sound weird or anything, but did you notice or feel something strange happen last night?"

" Like what?"

"I don't know, it's a feeling I have that's all. You know what, forget it, I'm sure it's nothing." Kate shook her head dismissing it.

Julie shrugged her shoulders, " okay, well get up because we have a lot to do today."

That good feeling took over Kate once again because of Julie's excitement.

The day was spent well with the girls pampering themselves and having a fun filled day. As time drew closer to when Kate would meet her boyfriend again, more excitement ignited in her.

Kate truly appreciated all the time she got to spend with her cousin, before she left home for college. After taking a year off to find herself and figure things out for herself, she could now go to college.  Julie would work part time while studying and she loved that especially because she would keep busy.

By lunch time, Kate received a text from Nick, which brought out a smile from Kate.

" I don't think I even need to guess who that is from." Julie commented. " So what did he say?"

" Well he's been sending me a lot of anniversary messages, and he said he's inviting me to an evening of unforgettable memories. I should be ready by 7."

"Ooh, so romantic." Julie cooed, making Kate to blush.

While Kate responded to Nick's texts , Julie sneakily cut a puecs from Kate's cake.

" I saw that." Both girls laughed.

                   ...........

At Kate's workplace, her colleague Pamela tidied up the table that had been occupied. Today was one of those days where unfortunately Kate wouldn't be available. She truly adored Kate because she was so sweet, never complained and worked extra hard. Pamela admired how Kate was able to make people comfortable and always left a good impression, which created an impact for the diner.