Chapter 11[Editing]

"okay I'm all ears" Nick said as many thoughts raced in his mind.

"um, I've been battling with how I would tell you this or when I would and how you would take this, it's been eating at me as I kept this longer and I think now is a good time or I wont get another chance" she said while playing with her fingers.

"just tell me whatever you are comfortable with, alright" Nick said and Kate nodded after she took a nice slow breath.

"what I'm about to tell you is something very personal and it is a very sensitive topic to me, this is about my past and how it still has a sense of hold on me" she said.

Nick took a breath as he thought back to a time where Kate immediately freaked out when Nick asked about her past and he would not understand why, but maybe now he would.

"um before you met me, I had another life, a life that I had been trying to move on from and I feel that once I tell you, I can finally be unchained from the chains that made me unspoken from a while."

she kept passing looks to him and then looking down, Nick tried to sit comfortably but his concern was a little too much to handle.

"when I was young, my mother had died and I guess life got a little too hard for my dad and I, well especially my dad. He couldn't bare the loss of his wife. I think it took a big hard hit that it affected his mental state of mind and that changed him in a very big way." Kate was trying to keep strong.

"what happened next?'' Nick asked as he was little scared of what he might hear.

"well lets just say that he turned into someone I did not recognize anymore, he was so distant, hard and very cold and sometimes he would be my father, the sweet and sensitive guy, i could not even keep up with his change of moods and his expressions until one day, I found out why and let me just say, it wasn't pretty"

"What did he do?" He asked as he frowned.

"I found out that he was not the only one that had mood changes but it was me too, I had gotten a little uneasy in mind, where I would forget what I did earlier or think I had misplaced something and it was like I traveled to two worlds at once, where one had my sweet dad and the other had the stranger who treated me differently."

Kate took a breath and continued before Nick could say anything which would make her chicken out.

"One day I woke up from a very long rest that I had taken, I was about to call him when I realised that I was not in my room but in the basement. I had been tied up on the bed, he cleaned me in the bed and..." she paused as she drew back her tears.

"look you can stop now if this is...." Nick tried to say but she shook her head no.

"he had been drugging me and starving me and I didn't know that until that day, he would punish me for things I hadn't done and keep me locked up from the world, after that day, lets just say it became a normal thing for me cause i was young and naive, i thought that it was done to other kids"

"oh my God" Nick said as he rose up on his feet while his heart sank more, he now understood why Kate had been so afraid of being touched the first few months of them dating and why her body had injection spots and scars.

"as I grew up and started questioning him of everything he did, he became more on edge and he got out of control, he got so obsessed with keeping me locked in his house. he emotionally and sometimes physically abused me, he would say that if i ever left him, he would kill himself and that I was his only reason for living, one time i had pleaded with him to release him and he...." Kate paused as a lump formed in her throat and tears streamed down her cheeks.

"he first slapped me so hard and then started beating on me and he did it over and over again" she said as she cried, Nick immediately went over to her and took her in his arms, he couldn't take it anymore, hearing all this. He soothed her as she cried and made sure to not let her go.

Kate took a breath and told him that she wanted to tell him everything even if this was hard, it had to be done. She then moved away from him to look into his eyes as she continued.

" Since growing up and realizing that I had to be away from him, I had gotten a little wise myself and with the times he would leave me alone , I would escape to the woods to study the woods and to find a nearby road, so when the time was right, i would take that chance. One day i found an opportunity when i found him asleep on the couch and I believed that he was drunk, I had awoken from the drug, that night he hadn't chained me and i escaped through the window and i ran as fast as I could. i didn't look back , I ran and ran. I heard him call out for me, Amy! Amy! but I didn't look back, i ran until I couldn't anymore." Kate said as she stood and looked through the window.

"how did you....."Nick paused.

" I was told that a policeman had found me passed out near the road, where he took me to the hospital. Some wanted to take me back to my father but i begged them not to. I gave them all necessary information and i don't know how it happened but some nurse put two and two together since she had once worked with my father. Surprisingly my doctor was none other than my aunt Charice, who recognized and claimed me before i was sent to a home. well the rest follows and here I am." she breathed out.

"I'm so sorry" he said with glassy eyes.

Kate took off her shoes and went closer to Nick, she wiped his eyes and gave him a subtle kiss on the lips.

"It''s okay, I'm okay" she said.

He tried to keep his emotions in.

"I even have pills that i had been taking and so I hope that soon I can move on without them, because I have so much in my life, my family, my friends and especially you." she smiled a little.

"I just...I just wish that it wont end soon cause I thought that if I told you, you might leave me"

"never, never "Nick quickly cut in and he hugged her tight, he then released her and kissed her passionately, she returned the kiss and he moved his hands on her body, feeling her soft body and he picked her up and looked at her and she smiled, with that he took her to the bedroom, they entered and he safetly put her down where she landed on her feet. she then faced her back to him and looked around the room, it was beautifully decorated with candles on the floor and rose patels as well as treats on the bed. He undressed his shirt and shoes and was left with his vest, as he turned to face Kate, his jaws almost dropped to the floor since he was faced by this beautiful woman in front of him.

Kate had undressed and was left with a lace lingerie, she stood with her hair released from the pin, she surely looked beautiful and hot. She had a flattering figure and her curves complimented her long beautiful legs. Nick went over to her and picked her up and she kissed him, he then put her on the bed where he shortly joined her avoiding any long separation. The two kissed passionately with him paying careful attention to every part of herbody, she touched his hair.

" I love you" he said.

"I love you" she said.

The two continued with the passion and they made love, with them giving each other away into the night. As the night was about to end, they remained into each others arms and fell into a deep sleep, Nick felt like that's where Kate belonged, into his arms and his life, now that she had opened up to him and she let him in, he knew that she trusted him and loved him, he wanted her to know how much he loved her and that he would never leave her.

Kate slept soundlessly into Nick's arms as as she felt safe and loved, she loved the sound of his heartbeat and the feel of his warm body, she just didn't want the night to end, no one else mattered but just them two.

That was their night, a night that she had let herself be more vulnerable and open with Nick, her night and shining armor, her best friend and her true love.