Chapter 29[Editing]

Hauntingly beautiful music woke her up and not only was it painful, the pain through her flesh was becoming unbearable . she realized that she was tied up again and bruised with scars that were caused by razors slicing through her arms. She quickly panicked when she noticed that it was her own father who was the cause of this pain.

"shhh...sweetheart, daddy will take the pain away" he coed .

"stop please" she pleaded weakly in agony.

"I am almost done....don't worry , soon we will all be okay and live happily ever after" he said in a daze.

"happily indeed" a new voice said, earning her attention.

"stop that! leave us" Shade said to Doctor brown in a stern voice.

"she's mine" doctor Brown argued.

"was , not anymore, she's mine now" Shade said.

Doctor Brown looked like he wanted to protest as he glanced at Kate, but sure enough he left the room, leaving her with Shade.

"I can't believe he got carried away"' Shade muttered to himself.

"please let me go' she pleaded.

Shade took a bowl and a cloth and began cleaning her wounds.

"many have said the same thing, many who were weak, you're not weak so don't disappoint me" he said, making her quiet.

After he was done, he gave her a cup of water to drink with a straw and held it against her lips, with a hesitant breath, she began to drink but all too soon he took the cup away, resuming to wiping away the leaking blood."my Ezra...Do you know how long I have waited for this moment, just to have you where you belong...haaa, like before, i watch you lay here"

She now was confused by his words, Ezra was a play that her mother had been playing, more like she being the character Ezra, but Kate thought of twisting it up a bit. Cutting through her tank top, he began talking again." you and I are the same, both lived in imprisonment but got out just in time, being called freaks even when we were never at fault, i was just a kid when they took me in, said they would take care of me, all to have them cut and beat me up. I could have got out but my little brother needed me, so once we got out, we seperated ....crazy huh?" once been undressed, he dressed her up in a silky dress and started applying make-up on her , which was way too creepy for her as she hopelessly watched.

"it is funny how I was seen as a nobody but when you came into the picture, my life meant something again, had fist been taken by Amelia's beauty and voice, sweet and mesmerizing , the last show of Ezra changed my life, gave me a sense of believe that Ezra should continue and touch the others like how it did mine, when you grew up, you just formed into this beautiful Ezra and you know what?....I've got the play and things set up for us." he said in excitement.

"I am not Ezra" she said quietly.

"yes you are Amy!" he raised his voice, making her flinch.

"it's Kate" just when she'd said that , a hard hand slammed across her face, making her head whip to the side due to the impact.

"shut up!" he exclaimed as she quietly sobbed.

" I'm sorry, sorry...Amy" tears ran down his face as he pleaded for forgiveness, while kissing her forehead.

He slowly untied her and picked her up, placing her on a wheelchair, her hair covering most of her face, moving it away from her, he slowly wheeled her out of that room. Entering into a hallway and making a turn, before entering a room which was the brightest that she had to blink many times, to adjust to the light.

Her eyes almost bulged out of her head as she took in the room, which was filled with pictures of her in different places, at school, work and other places, the one that had her catch her breath was of she asleep. Pictures of her mother in her early days during the theatre play Ezra, also hung on the walls, a long bed was in the middle, shelves and tables had DVD's and books, that wasn't the craziest, compared to the big potrait of her, standing and staring at who was supposed to be Nick, though his face was replaced with Shade's .

She was terrified to discover that she was at the mercy of a psychotic, obsessive stalker. He turned to her and grinned when he said." Welcome to Dark Paradise!"