Chapter 24[Editing]

" so is Kate alright?" Danny asked as he and Nick had been walking for what felt like 30 minutes.

" yeah just a bit on edge after what happened in the basement" Nick responded.

" yeah I know" Nick replied when he removed a branch away from his face." especially needles " Danny continued.

That surely made Nick stop on his tracks. He turned to Danny.

" how do you know that she hates needles?"

" she had mentioned it once when I told her that I wanted a new tat, she lectured me for almost an hour, making me regret saying it" Danny said, feeling slightly nervous but Nick totally brushed it off and began talking about something else.

They had walked till they noticed something like a cabin in the far distance.

" is that what I think it is?" Danny asked.

" only one way to find out" Nick said, heading to it with Danny behind him.

Once in front of it, Nick took the first step on the porch. Nick knocked on the door and called out for someone but there was no answer, after a few minutes, Nick twisted the door knob only to find it unlocked and he didn't waste time in opening it and peaking inside with his head.

" looks like no one's here " Nick told Danny who had been looking through the window.

" any ideas ?" Nick asked , he looked over to Danny who'd just disappeared on him.

Shrugging his shoulders, he entered inside the cabin with unease, the cabin had a small space that led into the living room which had it's own door. Everything seemed quite old and the smell proved so, Nick wandered off to the kitchen to find it in the same condition as the rest of the house. He found cracked windows and surprisingly, inside the fridge was fresh food and cold beers, before he could take one out, he almost jumped out of his skin when he heard " I think we've got ourselves quite an artist"

Danny stood at the kitchen doorway , with a big painting in his hands, the painting was of a beautiful young female who lay on an ancient couch bed, in her hand that was against her midsection was a large key, the background was off the sun setting.

Nick took the painting from Danny, admiring it since it really captured the eye.

" and he is a writer too, there's poems, theatre plays ,manuscripts...you name it" Danny continued.

" maybe he's some retired film director " Nick said.

" or a psycho" Danny said.

While they continued looking around, a creaking sound came from outside.

" what's that?" Nick said.

" I don't know , might be from outside"

Both Danny and Nick shot each other questionable, before the the stormed out of there to find....nothing.

....................................

" still can't believe, you're engaged" Anna said.

" yeah, it's almost so unreal you know" Kate admitted.

" believe it sister" Anna said while she playfully shoved Kate's shoulder, Kate showed a small smile .

" well I may eventually but I know someone who's not happy about it"

" screw her, she's such a -"

" I know and I won't let her mess up my moment, even though Nick believes that she's not so easy to crack and be friends with but she's trying" Kate said sarcastically.

" like that's an excuse, that witch wants to sink her claws into him, but she can back off , now that's he's totally committed to you, not that I've ever doubted that" the both smile at each other.

" anyway enough about your superman, what's the deal with that Max guy?"

" oh um, Max -"

" oh shoot" Anna muttered.

" what?"

" I've just remembered that I left my cam at the house, I wanted to capture some memories, you know"

" oh well, why don't you go back and get it, I can wait for you"

" no....let's forger it" Anna argued.

" Anna I know how much that camera means to you, so go....and besides I don't mind waiting" Kate insisted.

" are you sure?"

" positive and you grab a flashlight, just in case we are out here till late"

" oh alright" she touched Kate's shoulders and then let out a long breath.

" I'll be right back"

" and I'll be waiting" Kate said.

Anna reluctantly stepped away from her, she took one last look at her friend as if taking in the sight of her, she then turned and walked off.

The sun was setting and it seemed a bit early according to Kate, who had been waiting for Anna to return, it felt like 30 minutes. Jus when she was about to head back, she heard something like a twig break, startling her. After a few minutes , the sound was there again, her curiosity got the better of her and she walked forward , closer to another tree. She remained at the spot that she'd currently been and peaked out her head.

There , in the near distance stood a figure, no a man, quite tall, muscular and a older,suddenly her skin hair rose at the back of her neck, she got nervous as the man moved his head slightly to the side. A gasp escaped her lips and she shifted more behind the tree so the man didn't notice her.

Oh Lord, how she wished that she hasn't seen him, the one who ha held her prisoner and hurt her, he was here, her father was here.

Kate slowly and carefully took steps back until there was a few gaps between she and the tree,she turned and made a run for it since all she thought was to get away,unfortunately everything stopped when she missed a step, tripped and fell, resulting to her crashing her head, bringing her to an instant unconsciousness.

Exploring the place seemed a bit thrilling at first but not after until a while later. When Nick was about to say something, a scream echoed in the woods,making them ditch the their plans and run back to the house.

Both Danny and Nick ran like maniacs who ha trailed back this steps to the house. They followed the screams which led them to Stacey who stood at the deep end of the Jacuzzi, when they got closer to her and what she'd seen came into view blood drained out of their bodies and were pale as the scene in front of them sank in.

" she's dead" Stacey said in between sobs.

" what - the - " Nick couldn't even form the right words, let alone finish the sentence.

Nothing more could be said where the once beautiful Clara, lay slaughter and left for dear in the Jacuzzi.