Chapter 26[Editing]

" look, we can't stay here, biting our nails waiting for them to come return" Nick said.

" what if the do come back and find us gone, I say we stay here and wait" Maddie said.

" it is getting late" Danny pointed out.

" and Kate's out there, my fiance is out there....I'm sorry but I'm out" Nick got up and stormed out the front door.

" Nick wait!" Stacey rushed after Nick, being followed by the others, once they were all out, Nick turned to face them.

" I'm going to look for them with or without your help" Nick said.

" I think he's right, staying in that house and waiting will only drive us nuts" Danny added.

" okay, what do you guys suggest we do?" Maddie asked.

" we separate " Nick said.

" alright, Maddie and Nick you go check that little cabin that we saw earlier, Stacey, you and I go and check on our boat" Danny said.

They all nodded in agreement and then separated, with Nick and Maddie heading at another direction while Danny and Stacey took the other.

Luckily where they had left the boat had not been far, so both Danny and Stacey arrived after a few minutes, only to fond their boat gone just like it had never been there. Stacey and Danny walked around, searching for it.

" anything?" Danny asked.

" nothing" Stacey responded in an exasperated voice.

" well someone surely intended for us to not leave this place, but you know what, let's go look for the others" Danny said.

Both ran through the forest in search for the others, but every now and then they stopped to catch their breath, especially Stacey who simply couldn't keep up with Danny. Stacey turned to Danny and said " I think we should separate, I'll go back to the house, someone must have returned by now and you go check if both Nick and Maddie have arrived at the cabin"

Danny didn't say anything but displayed a look of concern , and even though she was nervous, she mustered a look of determination for Danny to believe.

" alright, but do you still remember the way?" Danny asked.

" yeah, I think so" she admitted and when Danny was about to go, shine called him again and told him to be careful, in which he nodded in response. They then separated, each one going their on way.

Maddie and Austin finally arrived after what felt like forever travelling, they rushed out of the boat and set foot on Paradise Island. They didn't waste time but followed the trail on the path which they believed would lead them to where the others stayed.

They sighed breaths of relief when a double story house came into view.

" let's go in." Max said as he headed to the house, followed by Austin.

**********
Maddie and Nick found the cabin, Nick found it weird that no one was still at home.

" well good news is that no ones here, bad news -"

" they're still out there with the killer, lurking around" Nick cut in .

He took an uneasy seat on the nearby couch, looking ever stressed and tense. Maddie knelt in front of him, being on level with him, she placed a hand on his knee.

" Nick, we'll find Kate, I'm pretty sure that where ever she is, she's fine, she just might be at the house, waiting for you to return" she said.

" I'm just worried that.....I just want her in my arms where she belongs, I can't lose her Maddie" he said, pulling back threatening tears.

' I know and I can't too cause they're are my friends, she and Anna" She rose to her feet.

" alright let's get out of here" he said, rising up too.

" yeah, I mean this house is pretty creepyyy!!" She screamed when she felt something moving by her head, she couldn't see properly since it was kinda dark.

" I can feel something by my head" she said, stretching out her hands until she caught whatever it was and pulled it down, that's when it fell on top of her. Nick hurriedly opened the door more widely ,bringing more light , only to discover a lifeless body, he rushed over to Maddie.

" get him off me!" She screeched , Nick did so and moved the body off of her. Maddie got up from the floor and took a closer look at the body to discover that it was Ethan, who's insides were splattered out. All she could do was sob and bury her head into Nick's chest while he comforted her.

" I'm sorry" Nick said.

She moved away from him and gave one last look to her brother before walking out the room, leaving Nick there. She headed to the front door and once she opened it, she was met by a stranger who she believed right then and there that it was the killer, seeing him holding out the bloody machete. The lightning flashed behind him, making the whole scene much scary for her.

She slowly took small steps back as ' Shade' walked in, locking the door.

" Made - " Nick was cut off when he too saw the stranger.

" Maddie run" Nick said lowly to Maddie, who passed a look at him, where Nick gave off a nod. Maddie took off to the next room and Nick shot to 'Shade', taking him down with a punch. ' Shade' shot back with a big one that landed Nick on the floor, he got on top of Nick and punched him twice, before trying to cut him but Nick never gave up when he connected his knee on ' Shades' middle, causing him to wince out in pain and be pushed away by Nick. Nick then got up and ran for the other room where Maddie was.

" Nick , watch out!" Maddie cried out when she saw ' Shade' behind Nick, who immediately turned while ' Shade' swung his arm at Nick with his machete , luckily Nick ducked and it missed him. Nick shouted for Maddie to run while he was busy being attacked by ' Shade'. ' Shade' cut Nick by the arm, distracting him , he held Nick by the neck and as he brought his machete close to Nicks throat, Nick poked ' Shade's' eye which didn't do much when he was dropped on the floor, only to go through the wooden floor, where he was left deep down on the dark ground. ' Shade' stared at Nick's unconscious body for a while before he walked away.

Maddie tried opening the door but nothing worked, she knew that she was running out of time and at any minute, he would come after her. She ran to the nearest window and tried opening it , and again with no luck, before she could lose all hope, Danny suddenly appeared on the other outside.

" Danny please get me out of here!" She called out.

"The door!" He said in a rush.

" its locked!" She said.

" alright move back" he said and she did, Danny picked up a nearby stone and threw it to the window. He quickly took off his jacket wrapped it around his hand before smashing the rest of the glass with his fist. In that moment, ' Shade' appeared and that's when she freaked out, he slowly moved towards her and she rushed to the window. Danny reached out his hand for her, helping her. ' Shade' swung his arm out in an attempt to cut Maddie's leg which was in sight, luckily she got away and both she and Danny fell to the ground. There was no time for relaxing when they heard that sound of the key twisting in the door, they quickly got up and ran away with only one thing in mind, getting back to the house.