Chapter 5[ Edited]

Stacey let out a sigh as she took her time fixing her hair. She didn't feel her best today and in her eyes, what she saw in the mirror matched her mood.

There was nothing interesting about her morning, in fact, it was truly boring. She wished she were anywhere but at school. Her interaction with her father this morning was part of the reason why her mood had been messed up. Her father's impatience annoyed her so much that she stormed out of the house without doing everything she needed to do. She loved him, of course she did but that didn't mean his impatience didn't make her want to give him an earful. He made her have regrets about sparing time for them to have dinner, something they hadn't done in a while. What she knew was that once the opportunity arose, she was going to make it a point to address this issue. No more would she leave the house looking unsatisfied.

Someone who had a rather good morning was none other than Anna, who was occupied with organising her locker. Maddie, who had noticed her on her way to class, stopped in her tracks and approached Anna. Something had been bothering her and she thought it would be best to share this matter with someone, and Anna was the right person to hear about this. the moment Anna took notice of Maddie, she couldn't help but admire how pretty she looked in a cute yellow sundress. The small touch of make up she had made her eyes to pop.

"You look pretty today." Anna commented.

"Thank you." Maddie said, her face warming up due to the complement. " Um, you are coming to my match today, right? " Maddie asked, to which Anna nodded her yes.

" I believe that you guys will do good today." Anna said with a smile, expressing her faith in Maddie's team.

This made Maddie smile but it didn't last for long, when she remembered why she had gone to talk to Anna in the first place.

" Are you okay?" Anna asked, noticing the change in Maddie's mood.

Maddie in response took the opportunity to mention her concerns regarding Kate. She made sure to not leave anything out, in her eyes, witnessing Kate's behaviour yesterday shook her a bit. She had never seen Kate so pale and frozen in place like she did yesterday. She worried deeply about her friend. Anna, after she had received all the information from Maddie about Kate, reassured Maddie that she would make sure that Kate was okay. To further ease Maddie's concerns, she promised that she would update Maddie after she talked to Kate.

The minute Anna was out of sight, she frowned deeply as she thought over what she had heard. Her gut feeling had been on point, something was going on with her best friend and she was determined to find everything out. She wouldn't let her best friend be be burdened alone when she was present. For Anna, her heart ached at the thought of her best friend handling all emotionally heavy things alone, Kate was a sensitive soul and carrying all worries was not good for her.

There was a sense of fear, that Kate would draw back to the old Kate, the one whom was closed off the first time they met. It's like Kate lived under constant fear and though she never mentioned it to Kate, but she had witnessed Kate in one of the most heartbreaking states, that Anna had seen Kate. She prayed that Kate would be okay, no matter what it was, Kate would overcome it. She vowed to help her friend anyway she could.

*******
Cheer practise was underway and everythig would have ran more smoothly, had there been a full team.

"Rachel, what is up with you?....You know that a simple call would just do!" An irritated Stacey said over the phone.

"Still no answer ?" Clara, her cheer mate and friend asked.

"No and you know what, I wont bother trying to contact her again. She can get back to me when she decides she wants to." Stacey nearly bit off those words, rolling her eyes.