Chapter 7[ Edited]

"Ah man," Nick groaned when his car stopped in the middle of the road, where no houses were nearby.

He tried to call someone but there was no service. A black van suddenly showed up, stopping behind his own car. A guy in a black hoodie and long leather jacket stepped out, it was raining and there was nothing suspicious about it.

He knocked on Nick's window and Nick pulled it down to talk to the stranger.

"Hi, " the guy said.

"Hi, I'm actually glad that you stopped by. I've got a little problem in my hands," Nick said.

"I can see, your tire is flat. I think you might need one, glad thing I do. I can go fetch one for you if you want?"

" Seriously?" Nick couldn't believe his luck.

The guy nodded, " yeah, I really don't mind."

"Oh, in that case, it would be great man, thanks," Nick said in relief.

With that, the guy went back to his car to fetch the extra tire, before returning Nick's car. Both helped each other in replacing a new tire, which relieved Nick even more.

Once done, Nick placed the other tire at the back of the car. When he returned to the driver's side, he noticed the guy was busy staring at a picture of Kate. It was a picture he'd taken when they went on a date by a lake, it was one of his favourite dates that they'd been to.

"Is that your girl?" The guy asked.

"Yeah," Nick said, taking a look at Kate's picture.

"She's pretty." The guy commented.

"Yeah and I'm a lucky guy." Nick agreed proudly, being oblivious of the change of expression on the guy's face, now he wore a more serious expression on his face.

Nick distracted the man's thoughts when he held out his hand to offer money, but he declined, saying how it was no problem. Nick noticed a cut on the guy's knuckles and that's when he quickly removed his hand.

"Well I'd rather be off." The guy said.

He was gone before Nick could say anything.

Nick drove off not putting too much thought into the guy's strange behaviour, his mind was occupied by the game in which he was missing.

Sweat dripped from his forehead as he drove into the night. His chest burned with heavy emotions that it became sore, he was angry no doubt. His reasons were of thoughts about Nick holding Kate and being there for her, when it should have been him, the one who mattered. To him, he was the only one meant to do all the things that Nick was doing now, he should be her only protector and caregiver, the one to be in her thoughts and heart.

He let out a heavy sigh.

Oh, how he wished that Kate knew how much she was loved and cared for, that he was her problem solver.

The time would come when she realised it and she would be under his eye. She would no longer be Kate Dawson but Amileen, his fragile and dependent one to him. He couldn't wait until his big debut and the thought of her belonging to him and him alone, caused for a deadly smirk to appear on his face.

He switched on his rock music and drank from his open beer and continued on the road.

                        *******

Kate checked out her beautiful car.

She got reminded of how it had been messed up before she sent it for repairs. She had been riding her beautiful car on a foggy night, not noticing a big pothole ahead. It's unfortunate that she took note of it rather too late.