Chapter 35: The Final Battle Begins

"We have given you your rewards young one." Aimi stated with a smile. "Just remember everything that we have informed you. Also, even though you were able to pull the sword out of its sheathe, it was only because so you would be able to be tested."

"I will be there at the battle with you Gohan, trying my best to aid and support you the best I can. Now that you know who I really am, I do not want you to be telling your friends about what you have experienced here." Eri says while looking at me with trusting eyes.

"You have my word." I promised. Eri and the five guardian spirits gave one another a look and smiled warmly.

"Your bravery and courage shall surely help you in your battle against Cell and Eternal." Isamu confesses before coming up to me and kissing my forehead. I stiffened a little.

"Your honor towards those in your life will have a significant role during your lifespan. Your honesty will cause others to feel that they can trust and come to you when needed." Says Misaki. Unlike Isamu, she just stood in place and smiled.

"I'm sure the wisdom you have will most surely aid you in difficult making decisions." Chieko confirms before also coming up to me and just ruffling my hair. "By the way, with more practice i'm positive you'd be a great daddy someday in the future."

I blinked unsure of what to say. "Thanks... I guess."

Chieko returned to her spot and Keninchi and Aimi simply bowed their heads in respect. I did the same and looked up to see that the five of them disappeared. Eri and I had returned to the empty white room we had been previously before.

I narrowed my eyes to the sheathe lying on the floor. Eri grew suspicious of me and asked what I was thinking.

"I was just wondering why you were in there. You told me that half of your soul lies in Tania while the other half is within Eternal... How are you able to control it?"

"I don't." She answers, confusing me. "That sword had once belong to Thornkin. You can say it has a mind of its own really. At the moment you pulled the sword out, I left Tania's body and caused this whole setting to take place. It was the only way that I would be able to speak with you. Listen, you must know that you aren't the one to truly wield this blade. It was meant for Tania, but since we've decided to have you be tested instead of her, we let you release it."

"But why would you choose me for this task?"

Eri then began to circle around me again. "I chosen you because since Tania has lost her memory, she would not be able to understand any of this quite yet. And as I mentioned before, this sword belonged to Thornkin some time ago. Being his reincarnation, its only natural that you'd be the one other than Tania to release it. Besides, I can feel that you're much more purer since Eternal's spell still somewhat has an affect to Tania's being."

My eyes widened a little. "I thought I purified the evil in her heart."

"Yes, but you were only able to purify the part of her that wanted to do nothing but kill and destroy. Her heart is still considered impure and there is only one way I can think of for you to help regain that girl's memory and purity."

I continued to stare at Eri hoping that she would continue on with what she was saying. However, she didn't tell me how and only explained that she would be the one to awaken Tania's memory and purity but I would have to do something for it to be fully restored. I don't know what will trigger it. I'll just have to wait and see.

"Since Tania is not yet able to wield Wisheater, you're going to have to be the one to carry it wherever you go. Please Gohan, remember everything that the spirit guardians and I have informed you about. The rewards we have given to you will very much help you with this great battle." The baby spirit pleaded.