Chapter 41: The Imperishable Bond Between Tania and Gohan

I observed everything else around Gohan and I and saw the other z fighters watching a battle that was taking place. I noticed that the people fighting were Gohan and Cell. Gohan was in his super saiyan 2 form and was beating Cell senseless.

"I killed him." Gohan, who was still holding me in his arms finally spoke in a very depressing voice. I gave him a confused look. "I know! You killed Cell, you're a hero."

"No!" He quickly growled angry, shocking me. "I killed my father! It's my fault he died! I let him get killed!"

I kept silent.

"I let my powers get to my head." Gohan continued. "I should've listened! I should've listened!"

His bang then covered his eyes. My heart broke once more when I saw the pained look on his innocent face. He was usually so cheerful and happy. I would've never guessed he was in so much pain.

"Gohan...?"

I felt a tear fall onto my cheek. I stared up at Gohan. Even though his bang was covering his eyes, tears were gliding down his cheeks rapidly. I just... Let's just say I felt like my heart was going to die of heartbreak as I watched the boy I was in love with cry silently.

What do I do?

---

"Stop crying." I begged while watching the tears fall from Gohan's eyes.

He didn't listen and I founded myself listening to a very painful story.

"The day I found out mom was pregnant with Goten, I promised myself that I would be a great older brother." Gohan began with a sadden voice. "However, when Goten was born, I didn't know he would look so much like my father."

I frowned. 

"If it wasn't for my stubbornness, father wouldn't have died, mom woudn't have been upset as she was and Goten would have a father."

Gohan paused. The young man was beginning to become frustrated. "G-Goten..."

Gohan's hold on me began to get lighter. "My little brother soon began to act just like my dad... So cheerful... care-free... Just last year, when it was the anniversary of my da- I mean, the Cell Games, I was just so miserable Tania. That entire day and for quite some time, I founded myself unable to do hardly anything. I didn't want to spar with anyone or even study. I guess you can say I was feeling deeply empty and torn to shreds in the inside. However, I knew I had to stay strong for everyone. Especially for my mom, little brother, Piccolo and even dad. "

My frown turned into a sympathetic kind of look. "Gohan, I know that the type of pain you've been experiencing may be a whole lot more than what i've been through, but I think it's safe to say that I know how you must be feeling."

The half saiyan finally gave me eye contact. "You?"

I nodded.

"A few years ago, I remember I was laying in bed very sick with a terrible fever..."

Tania's Flashback:

"How is my little princess doing?" Dad knocked on my door before letting himself in.

He sat on the right side of my bed and placed a hand on my forehead, forcing me to open my eyes. "I'm glad you can finally open your eyes, Tania. Even if it is just slightly."

My father then took out a thermometer and softly popped it under my tongue. My eyes opened a little wider and I observed his face. It was a light tan. There was only a couple, if not, no winkles apparent on his middle-aged face. His hair however, was black and a tad bit curly overall but had quite a few grey hair to go with it. Then there it was... his eyes. Even though they were black as midnight, there was also a pure warm light within them that always reminded me how much he loved me.