Chapter 3: Devastated Emotions

Looking upwards, the expression Mrs. Cruze gave me was not something to smile about. More like it was trying to tell me to high tail it out of danger! And so... that's exactly what I had done.

"Tania Ayame! Come back here this instant!" She screams at the top of her lungs.

I had no interest whatsoever to return to that woman!

Uh uh, no way! i'll be fine by myself for the time being, thank you.

On the bright side, there was no way my teacher could get through all those students who had formed a circle around the scene. I figured they've finished their showers.

I better hurry before i'm late for second hour.

I'm gonna be honest, math was and still isn't my best subject, it's more like my worst. No matter how hard I study, I just never get a decent grade! Can you believe that?! Boy... having a tutor or something would be nice.

Quickly, I take my shower and clothe myself back in the fresh smelling clothes I had on before school started. The bell ringed and it was time for me to head out. I stuffed my swimwear in my bag and pushed it inside my tiny locker.

Already I was spent! That was pretty insane back in the pool area, and tomorrow I knew I would be getting a lecture from Mrs. Cruze for sure! Sighing, I grabbed my things for math and made my way into the hallway.

This is where my day really started. The same old routine.

"Oops!"

I fell onto my knees on the hard marble floor. My books became scattered all over the place. The face I was forced to see everyday appeared right in front of my eyes. Dominique, the most popular girl in my school, was the purpose of me falling. She's in the same grade as me and all the guys are head-over-heels for her, though I don't quite understand why...

"Oh i'm sorry, where are my manners? Did you enjoy the trip?" She asks cruelly. Immediately, everyone starts laughing their heads off. I pick up my books and stand my ground, looking dead in her seemingly perfect blue eyes.

"Hey Dominique, can you please not do this anymore? I know you're miss "perfect" and all, but that certainly does not give you the right to treat me the way you have."

"You mean like this? Ryan!" She calls over. A tall jock, about 6'1, made his way through the crowd and pretended to bump into me, forcing me once again to drop my books down on the floor. I was trying to pick them up again, but I was not quite as lucky this time. Dominique kicked my materials straight into the mens' bathroom. Disgust was written all over my face as I realized there was no way I was going in there.

"Hope you brought air freshener cause you're going to need it, loser!" She laughs, sashaying out of the hall with everyone congratulating her afterward.

Now since that situation ended, I roll my eyes.

God I hate that girl...

It was time for a well thought strategy.

I'll just have to do this the old-fashion way then. Nose plugged! This shouldn't be hard at all!

Taking a deep breath, I held my hand tightly over my nose and entered the smelly bathroom on the lookout for my things. Spotting it at the other end of the restroom, I hurry and gather them up. I was beginning to lose oxygen and knew that if I stayed in there any longer, I would pass out from the unmerciful stench. Holding my books against my chest, I sprint towards the door and safely make it out.