Chapter 36: A Hero's Return And Tania's True Feelings Revealed

Eternal grabbed onto my hair and slowly lifted my head up so that I would continue watching the battle between Cell and Gohan. I felt so helpless or maybe even hopeless. My friend had ran out of strength and was getting beaten around like a rag doll by a evil monster.

"If only you would've stayed at the world where you were sent to, this would've never happened!" Eternal tells me with a smirk. She made me look her in the eyes. "But you just had to be an investigator and go check things out for yourself."

I didn't speak. However, I knew what she was talking about. That was basically the only memory I had still. Me... Being safe in that other Earth.. The Earth where there was no one who was strong enough to lift up airplanes or boats. The Earth where there might've been crimes and murders, but not to the point where everyone on the planet would be killed in a matter of seconds. It was the Earth where my family lived. Shininchi, Melanie, Sinako. It was the very same Earth that I grew up in peacefully...

Eternal then faced me towards the lake. Gohan had been sent into it and when he resurfaced, Cell had pushed the young saiyan's head into the water with his foot. I watched in horror as Cell just stood there with his foot on Gohan's head. There was nothing I could do in the condition I was in though. Even if I did manage to free myself from Eternal she would only capture me again. I closed my eyes tightly afraid to watch my best friend die...

"SPECIAL BEAM CANNON!"

I heard an explosion and opened my eyes to see that Cell had let Gohan go and...

"BURNING ATTACK!" A familiar voice shouts as a very big ki blast came flying at Eternal and me. The female saiyan had released me and moved out of the way. I fell flat on the ground with my face in the dirt as the attack almost hitted me. Just then I felt someone grab my arm and flew me away before the blast made contact with the ground.

I slowly looked up to see that Vegeta was the one who had grabbed me.

"Vegeta?" The prince then looked at me and smirked. He was in his super saiyan state and looked as though he was ready to fight to the death. I then saw Trunks firing another one of his attacks. It created a huge explosion and there was smoke. He took that chance to come over to where Vegeta and I was.

"You alright Tania?" Trunk's asks as soon as Vegeta setted me down a few miles away from the battlefield.

"I'm alright now thanks to you two!" I reply with a weak smile. The two men just looked at me then turned their attention back to the battlefield.

"Please don't tell me you're actually gonna go out there and fight?" I asked worried for their safety.

"We have to." Vegeta says with a serious tone. He then leaped into the air and flew full speed to where Eternal was. Trunks stood there then looked back at me.

"Why do you have Gohan's sword?"

At first I had no idea what he was talking about until I saw it buckled to my back. I completely forgot about it!

"He told me to hold onto it cause he was gonna battle Cell. I guess he didn't want it to get in the way... I don't know really..." I answer.

Trunks nodded then told me to keep holding onto it just in case I needed to protect myself. He then hopped into the air. "Stay here where it's safe!"

"Wait!" I pleaded. The lavender hair man stopped and looked back at me.

"Gohan's okay, isn't he?"

Trunks smiled and gave me a thumbs up. I breathed a sigh of relief and grinned. "Thank you guys so much for saving Gohan and I. We both seriously owe you guys one."