Chapter 2

Age 7
~Niall~

"Liam!" I screamed, chasing him around the playground, "don't run so fast!" He looked back at me and laughed.

"I can't help I'm fast!"

"Yes you can!" I argued, "You can move slower!" I saw Liam think about it for a second.

"You know, you're right Nialler," he said using my nickname he gave me, "I can go slower. I just don't want to. See ya sucker!" He then ran faster around the jungle gym and to the basketball court.

"Not fair, Lili!" I yelled, doing my best to quicken my pace to catch him. When I got to the large basketball court, my foot hit the edge, causing me to fall flat on my face.

I heard people laughing at me and saying things like, "Stupid," and "Loser." I sat up and tried to not cry, but failed as I felt tears run down my cheeks. I wiped them with my hands, seeing blood smear on my palms. I had also scraped my face.

"Niall!" I heard Liam call to me. I turned my head to see him jogging to me. I smiled kinda sadly at him. Liam reached me and sat beside me.

"What happened?" He asked, looking at the scrape on my cheek. It stung really bad, and they crying wasn't helping. Mummy told me one day that tears had salt, so the thought of that made the pain worse.

"I fell," I said, "and the others laughed like I was crazy." Liam frowned and stood up, facing the ones who laughed.

"You think this is funny?!" He asked mad, "Everyone falls and hurts themselves as some point, so don't go and tease other kids about it!You are meanies!" I smiled a little at his bravery. I got up and told the teacher about my cut, and she quickly got a First Aid Kit and put a bandaid on it.

"Okay kids!" A teacher yelled, "lunch time!" I smiled and waited for Liam to catch up with me. When he did, we walked to the cafeteria together.

"Why did you do that?" I asked him as we entered the school. Liam shrugged and smiled at me, his missing front teeth showing.

"You're my best friend Nialler," he said sweetly, "and I will do anything to protect you." I smiled and wrapped my arm around his shoulder as we went into the lunch line.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

That was chapter 2! Please vote on this story and on my other stories!