Chapter 5

8 Years Later...
~Niall~

"Thanks for coming!" I called as the customer left. I looked around to see if anymore customers were left. When I saw that the store was empty, I smiled.

"Hello Nialler," Louis said as he walked in from the break room with Harry. I smiled and grabbed my guitar from behind the counter and went to the Louis' piano on the left side of the store. Louis said down at the piano stool as Harry and I sat on top of it. It was a electric grand piano, which was super cool. I took a pick out of my pocket and tunes the guitar.

"Okay," Harry said, getting adjusted, "from the top?" Louis and I nodded, and I started to strum.

Harry, Louis, and I were coworkers at a music store, which Harry's mum owned. I started working there during my last year of secondary school, so that would make it 3 years there. We were all in the same position school wise; our families couldn't pay for our college tuition. We couldn't go to university.

We weren't in a band; we were just really good friends who loved music. Harry wrote songs, Louis played piano, and I played guitar. The song we sang was called Long Way Down. It was slow and mellow, and it gave me good feelings. It felt nice to sing and play, considering the way my life went...

"We built it up so high and now I'm falling," Harry sang, "it's a long way down..." I focused on my guitar and bobbed my head to the beat. Louis hit each key perfectly. He had been playing piano since he was really young, so he was good enough to play in major world theaters. I'm glad he didn't, though. He was such a great friend to me and a great boyfriend to Harry.

Oh, yeah, Louis and Harry were dating. They got together when they were 14 and had been staying strong for 5 years. I wouldn't have been surprised if one of them popped the big question on the other. Seriously, get married!

When we finished the song, I pulled down my sleeves over my hands and put the pick back in my pocket.

"Time to lock it up, I guess," Louis sighed sadly as we went to the front door. He turned over the sign to where is said closed and went to get his things. I made sure I had everything before I said my farewells to the boys and walked home.

My flat was really small and in the grungy part of London, which is where I moved to when I finished my GCSEs. It only had one bedroom, a bathroom, a tiny kitchen, and a living area. The walls were dim and the lighting was run down, but I really didn't care. It fit my mood most of the time.

I went inside and went straight to he kitchen. I made myself a ham sandwich and ate it while watching golf on my small TV in the living area. I loved watching Justin Rose play. He was my favorite golfer.

Later that night, I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror before bed. My face with thin, a little stubble on my jawline. My bleached blond hair was matted and fell over my forehead in a tangled mess. My blue eyes were dull and boring, like myself. I started to reach for something in my drawer, but closed the drawer and quickly went off to bed without a second guess.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi! So, there will be no more year skips. They are all 19. Are you worried about Niall? You might want to be...

Please vote for this! I love this story so much.