Chapter 3

Age 9
~Liam~

"Shh..." I whispered to Niall. I was holding him in my arms as he cried into my shoulder. His bully, Josh, had just done his worst, called Niall gay.

I really didn't know what it meant, but it seemed to hurt Niall a lot. I think it meant that you love someone of the same gender, like a boy loves another boy. Niall always thought girl celebrities were cute, so I don't know why he would be called something like that. I was going to ask Niall why it hurt so much, but I didn't want him to cry more.

"I-I'm sick of him..." Niall cried, "I just wanna die and not come back to life." I looked at him and shook my head.

"Don't say that, Nialler. You can't die. You mean too much to people." Then Niall shook his head and more tears fell down his face.

"I don't, and you know that. You are the only one who actually cares anything for me. Everyone else just hates me. Hates me! I don't even know what I did to them!" He held onto my shirt and sobbed more. I looked around his room, looking for something to calm him down. I saw his Guitar Hero set in the corner of his room and smiled a little.

"Hey Ni," I said softly, "how do you feel about guitar?" He sniffled and smiled a little, looking up at me.

"I wanna learn to play it," he admitted shyly, "I've wanted to for a while." I smiled more and lifted his face to meet mine.

"You'll learn it," I assured him, "I know it for a fact. And you will love it; it could be your passion."

"Playing guitar?"

"Yeah, maybe music overall. You seem...fit for it." Niall chuckled a little, scratching his head through his brown locks.

"You might be right, Li." I smiled and hugged him again. When we pulled away, he had a big smile on his face.

"Feeling better?" I asked and nodded.

"So much. Thank you Liam."

"Anytime."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Please vote and give feedback!