Chapter 29

~Niall~

"You have everything?" I asked Liam as he zipped up his suitcase. He looked around the room and nodded a little, exhaling from what seemed to be the first time that day. Liam's hair was still messy from the past night; I was proud to be the reason for that. He wore a button up shirt that was completely open, his perfect abs showing. We woke up late, so we were in a hurry. I was only wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt that I threw on in about 5 seconds.

"Seems like it," Liam responded to my question as he buttoned up his shirt, "You aren't hoarding anything of mine are you?" I chucked and shook my head.

"Sadly I'm not," I admitted. Liam then reopened his suitcase and took out a grey t-shirt. The same one that he wore when we celebrated my chance to get into NYU. He held it out for me to take.

"Keep this," he said to me, "I don't need it, and it will keep me close to you." I blushed a little bit and took the shirt, laying it on my bed for later. I closed my eyes, inhaling the air while trying to take in the fact the Liam was leaving.

I was going to be a mess for the first few weeks without him, but I knew I was going to see him again. We were both going to be in NYU by September, maybe even sharing a dorm. He was going to come back sometime that summer for Louis and Harry's wedding, where we would share a slow dance amongst other couples who love each other. I could just imagine us...

"Yes!" Liam suddenly cheered while looking at his phone, causing me to jump and snap out of my trance. He had a big smile plastered onto his perfect face.

"What?" I asked, going over to him. I looked over to see what was on his phone. It seemed to be a message from his professor.

Class, our flight is delayed to 6:20 due to the fact that our plane was in an wreck with another plane, and it will take a long time to send another in. Meet at the hotel at 4:45. Enjoy your last day in London!

"I get one last day with you," Liam said in a gleeful sigh, "One last day..." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist, holding the taller man closer to me. I buried my face into his back, resting my forehead on the flat part of his neck. I took in his natural scent, which was absolutely amazing. He smelled like cheep body wash and strong cologne. I inhaled a large amount and melted into his structure.

"I love you Ni," I heard Liam's sweet, soft, yet deep voice say in a whisper. I smiled and held him closer to me, not wanting to let him go. My hands somehow found the collar of his shirt from the front, and I griped onto the rigid material.

"I love you too," I replied quietly, but because my face was against his shirt, it came out as, "I bub boo oo." Liam chuckled a little and turned around, pulling me close to him. I rewrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head on his chest. As he ran his fingers through my hair, I listened to his heart beat at a steady, calm pace.

You think this is your safe place, huh? He's leaving you, Niall. Might as well end your life tonight. He will forget about you. You know that. Loll yourself already!

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself.

Kill you-

"N-No..." I stuttered, hearing my conscience for the first time in two weeks. I clung on to the back of Liam's shirt, not letting him go.

You are such a baby! A little baby bitch! You are needy and greedy and-

"Niall?" Liam asked as my breathing rate increased, "What's wrong?" I shook my head, not being able to speak.

Go and kill yourself! He stopped you from ending your pain the first time. Let him suffer by seeing you die right in front of you.

"No!" I yelled at my conscience, "Don't say that!" Tears started to fall down my face as my panic attack grew. My breaking became heavier. I hadn't felt like that in three weeks, even though the person who saved me was right against me.

"Niall!" Liam commanded, using his hands to move my head so our eyes met. I could see many emotions within his eyes:  Fear, compassion, and love.

He can't love someone like you! He's lying!

"Liam?" I asked timidly, "Do you really love me?" Liam, who had tears of fright rimming his eyes, softly cupped my cheek with one hand as he moved the other to the small of my back, pressing on it slightly.

"Now what kind of question is that?" He asked me, "You know that I love you. Even though we just met again only four or so weeks ago, I've known you for God knows how many years. You were my life when we were kids. Every time you would come over, I would do my best to impress you. When I moved to Buffalo, I cried for 2 months straight, and I would have major breakdowns my entire teenage years because I had no friends to help me. I begged for you and wanted to fly back so I could just hold onto you. I never forgot about you and I loved you even then. I just didn't know it yet. I have loved you since we were five. That is 14 years. And I will love you when I am an old man on my death bed. If you aren't there, I will surely cry for you. I love you, Niall Horan. Don't ever doubt that."

I was still crying by the end on his of his speech, but they weren't because of my conscience.

That's it! I give up on your useless mind! You just don't know what it means to be free! Well don't come believing me when he breaks your heart!

"He won't break my heart," I said quietly, crying tears of happiness, "He won't and I know that," I looked up at Liam and spoke to him, "I spent years getting bullied, tortured, and abused. No one loved me other than my mother, and she was always scared to stand up for anything. She was always in the background, and I didn't know how to stand up for myself to tell her that I needed help. I started harming myself when I was 13, and it became my escape from all the tortures of life. When my dad left, I was in even more ruins. I hit rock bottom at that time. Let's just say that two weeks ago wasn't the first attempt at ending my life...but that was a long time ago. I gave up on life after my failed attempt. I wanted you with me so I could have someone to fight with. Now you're here, and I will forever hold onto you. I love you and I will love you until I leave this world, and that will not be for a long...long time." Liam smiled at me and stooped his head down, capturing my lips in a sweet kiss. I closed my eyes and responded deeply, never letting him go. I wouldn't let him go for the rest of my life.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Only one more chapter, then the epilogue! I hope you enjoy how this story ends.