Chapter 16

~Niall~

"And then he was like 'Imma dump these guitar picks on you boy!' And Harry said, 'You have to keep one'"

"Why?" Liam asked as we walked along the downtown area of London.

"Because Harry decided to be dirty and say that they had to use it as an additional bu-"

"No more!" Liam exclaimed, covering his ears. I laughed and stumbled over my feet a little, almost tripping. I regained my balance before I could fall, though.

Ha! You can't even walk, you're so nervous around him! Just like when you were 10! HAHAHAHA-

I hit my head lightly, getting the voice out of my head. I couldn't listen to it anymore. But it was right. When we were younger, I had a crush on Liam. He was so perfect, and I wasn't. He was even perfect older! Of course, I was still a loser. I liked him so much I couldn't see straight. I was always stumbling around and tripping over my feet. He memorized me. He even did 9 years later.

"So," Liam said after an awkward moment of silence, "where to now?" I thought for a second. The store was closed because Anne was sick with the flu, and Harry was taking care of her. Liam already had said he didn't want to go to his hotel. He was still having conflicts with Andy, whom of which he was sharing a room with. I thought for a second, looking around. I then saw a karaoke club and smiled.

"Want to go and see people murder other people's songs?" I asked, pointing to the club. I saw Liam looked to the place, then up at the sky. The sun was going down and the sky was getting darker. Liam then looked to me and smiled with a nod.

"Sure, why not?" I smiled and walked across the street with him. We paid a fee to get in and entered the place. Music filled the air as Liam and I made our way to a table in the corner. We ordered some sodas from a waiter and watched guests on decent sized stage sing their hearts out to famous songs. The guy at that moment was rocking out to Wheatus' Teenage Dirtbag. His voice was awful, but he was having a great time.

"Why don't you go and sing?" Liam asked me after we watched a few more acts. I looked to him shocked. I shook my head.

"No," I answered, "people would hate it. I can't sing that well."

"What?" Liam asked surprised. I looked at him and raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"What?"

"You can sing! I've heard you myself! You are amazing; I am a hundred percent sure everyone will love your voice. Just go and have fun!"

Yeah, go and have fun for once! Your life already sucks, so let's go out there and show off the horrible voice of yours to get more hate! You deserve the hate, Niall.

I sighed and nodded, "Sure, yeah. I just have to wait in line, and it is damn long." Liam smiled, patting my back.

"Have fun up there, Ni." I nodded and stood up. I walked over to the long line of awaiting singers. In front of me was a girl around my age who was in Daisy Dukes and a crop top. Her hair was colored red and pink with feathers, braids, and jewels. She was definitely one of those people who wanted attention.

Like you?

I shook away my conscience and crossed my arms, tapping my foot impatiently. The girl turned to me with a mad face.

"Calm your ass down, ugly pants!" She scolded, turning back around. I sighed and looked down at my feet. I began thinking of songs to sing. I absolutely loved Zayn Malik's album, and all of the songs on it, but they were all sexual and dirty. Especially TiO. (AN: That is actually my favorite song on Mind Of Mine) I thought of Selena Gomez, Shawn Mendes, Troye Sivan, and so many other artists. I looked around. I saw Liam watching the person on the stage, nodding his head to the beat of the fast paced song. I looked down at my arm, lifting my sleeve slightly to see my cuts, which were just starting to scab from the previous night. I pulled my sleeve back down and smiled a little. I knew exactly what song I wanted to do.