Chapter 8

~Niall~

"Give me my guitar!" I yelled, finally catching up to Louis. I grabbed the neck of my guitar and pried it out of his hands. Louis pouted and giggled a little. He was quite the devil when it came down to his sneakiness. He was always prancing Harry and I, making us go crazy.

"You play guitar?" The male customer asked me. I looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah," I responded, "I do. Didn't you just see me playing it?" The boy nodded and scratched the back of his head. He was staring at me. I raised my eyebrow.

"Can I help you with something, sir?" He shook his head, stepping a little closer to me.

"Niall?" He asked me. I widened my eyes and stepped back a little.

"Who are you?" I asked a little scared, "How do you know me?" The man smiled a little.

"Think about it." He said.

I looked at the man. He had short brown hair and big brown, puppy-like eyes. He was tall and buff; I couldn't see an ounce of fat on him. I thought about his voice. It was a mix of British and American, like he had lived in America for a long time. Then, it hit me. My best friend growing up moved to America when we were 11. It was the day I lost my protection from the bullies and the person I cared about most. I looked up at him, tears threatening to escape my eyes.

"L-Liam?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. Suddenly, my body started shaking. Why did he have to return now? After everything that had happened all throughout the time he was gone? Why hadn't he shown up sooner?! When I needed him?

I looked around at everyone with wide eyes as my panic attack grew. I gripped onto my guitar, trying not to cry. Everyone was staring at me, and it felt horrible. Why was everyone looking at me? Just because my best friend for years an the only person that could help me suddenly came back after the worst was done? After the point where I can't be fixed?

"You alright Ni?" Harry asked me. I turned to him and shook my head. I kept shaking my head and looking down as I stumbled around.

"I-I," I stuttered, "I have to go. I'll be back in a few hours. Please...don't follow me." I then ran out the door and to my flat. I didn't even let myself look back to see if anyone was following me.

When I got home, I shut the front door behind me and sprinted to the bathroom. I didn't even think a second time before locking myself in and rummaging through my drawer. After a few seconds, I found just what I was looking for. My blade.

I rolled up me sleeve, revealing my cut up arm. As my tears fell, I used the sharp object to carve beautiful pieces of art into my skin, also known as cuts. The one thing to help me get through my life was cutting, burning, etc. It was my temporary fix for Liam. Well, it ended up lasting 5 years going strong, but it helped so much. The pain was amazing. It was my fix.

I ended up skipping work the rest of the day. I laid in my bed, thinking about how Liam could have actually fixed my life if he would have stayed. Would I be in same same position? Probably not. But he left.

And there was nothing I could do to change that.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME AFTER THIS CHAPTER PLEASE!!!

Okay, now that I am done begging, you will learn why this all happens fairly slowly. I am usually a writer to rush into things, and I hate myself for that sometimes because that makes it too fast paced. I want to go slow with this book, so I am doing my best at that.

Please vote for this story. This is my absolute favorite one that I have ever written, so it would mean a great deal if you would vote on it and stuff.