Epilogue (Part 1)

~Liam~

4 Months Later...

"Welcome back!" Prof. Newman said as the class began to file into the gigantic classroom. The room was like a high school lecture hall, but 3 times bigger. Luckily, there were only about 45 people in my journalism class. Many people left and changed their major so they could try new things. Cheryl and Andy were part of the group, and I couldn't have been happier. They chose some computer major and didn't take any classes with me. Not even the core classes. I smiled at that thought as I sat near the front of the classroom.

"It's great to be back for another great year," Newman praised once everyone was in their seats, "Now that you have all moved up to Journalism II, you will be given more complex prompts and you will have to write longer essays. But, this class will be more deep than last year. You will look deep inside yourself and let your feeling out on paper. I promise that this class will make a difference in your life. You sophomores have decided to do this for your life. Writing is your future. Stay on that path." I smiled at his words.

"Now," Newman continued, "One by one, you will come up here and describe the highlight of your summer. What part of the last 2 and a half months made you the happiest, or what did you enjoy the most. You don't have to be too descriptive, but I would like some detail. This is not for any sort of grade. This is just a little get-to-know thing. I will go in alphabetical order. So first..." He looked at the roster in his hand, "Camille Andrews." I watched a girl with straight black hair walk up to the front and begin. She talked about visiting her extended family in Hawaii for a month and how many cool things she did while she was there. Camille sneaked a few glances my way, which was confusing because I didn't really know her.

Many people went before I did. Most talked about their vacations or seeing family. A few boys decided to be cocky and say that their summer highlight was getting drunk at bars and having sex with multiple women. I honesty found it sick. Not because I was dating a guy, but because that is not something you would A: Do at all, or B: Mention in front of the whole class. After about 15 people or so, it was my turn.

"Liam Payne," Prof. Newman called out. I stood up from my small desk and walked to the front of the classroom.

"Hey everyone," I said with a small wave, "I'm Liam, if you didn't already know that. My summer highlight was when I went to London for my friends' wedding. It was in July, and it was an outdoor ceremony. The weather was amazing. It was fairly fast, considering the newly wedded couple had to catch their flight to Hawaii about 3 hours after the wedding began. My favorite part was when the couple got into a food fight with their pieces of cake. A piece actually got on me, but I just laughed it off, really. Soon the couple left for their honeymoon and I flew back to New York. That was truly the most amazing part of summer. I got to see the friends I made the first time a went to London and go to places I hadn't visited before. Thank you." The class clapped as I smiled and sat back down at my desk. I watched the rest of the quick presentations and smiled through all of them. I turned my head a little to see Camille staring at me. I raised an eyebrow, but I just shrugged it off and watched the other kids talk about their summer.

When the clock hit noon, Prof. Newman released the class. I gathered my things, which consisted of a notebook and a copy of Margot Meets Michael. After meeting the author, I wanted to read it. I didn't have time over the summer, so I was reading it then. I walked away from my desk and towards the door.

"Hey Liam," I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around to see Camille hugging her books close to her chest. I smiled sweetly at her.

"Hey Camille," I replied, "How are you?"

"Great now that I'm talking to you." I pondered in my head about what that meant.

"Listen," Camille said as we walked out of the room and into the outdoors, "I have had a crush on you since we met last year. But, you were dating Cheryl and then you two went to London, which I wasn't invited to. But, I heard that you two broke up. So, I was wondering if...um...we could go on a date sometime? Like Saturday maybe?" I bit my lip. I felt sorry for her, but I was already taken again.

"I'm so sorry Camille, but I'm actually already in another relationship." Camille raised an eyebrow.

"Oh," she said surprised, "I didn't know that. With who?" We turned a corner, and my eyes lit up. I saw three people talking, and one beautiful person leaning against the wall. His perfect blond hair was in a quiff. He wore a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and white high tops. The scars on his arms were almost gone, but the large ones on his forearms were definitely still there. His wondrous blue eyes locked with mine. He dropped his book bag on the ground next to him and started walking towards me. I set my things against the brick wall and went to him. Out bodies met in the middle, and we shared a short, sweet kiss. I pulled away after a few seconds to look into his eyes.

"Hey Ni," I said to him, "How was your first class?" Niall stepped away from me a little and smiled.

"Long, but fun. The three of us got to perform one of our songs." I smiled and looked at Louis and Harry. They had taken the opportunity to snog, Harry pinning Louis against the red wall. I smiled as I saw rings on both of their left ring fingers. God, was their wedding a blast.

"That's good," I said. I turned around to see Camille smiling like an idiot at us.

"So this is the person?" She asked, and I nodded.

I stepped to side to introduce them to each other, "Niall, this is Camille. She's in my Journalism class. Camille, this is Niall, my boyfriend of almost 5 months." Camille and Niall shook hands.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Camille said to Niall, "You're pretty lucky to have Liam as a boyfriend."

"I know I am," Niall replied cheekily, causing me to chuckle, "He's done so much for me." Camille smiled and put her hand in her pocket.

"Well, I have Geography next. I'll see you guys later." With that, Camille left, leaving me and Niall alone.

"I have something planned tonight," Niall told me. I laced out fingers together and smiled slightly.

"Yeah?" I asked, "What is it?"

"It involves Grease and snuggling in your bed. So, a movie date." I scoffed playfully.

"Why my bed?" I asked.

"Because it's comfier than mine. Besides, it's not like I have to leave any room. We're roommates, remember?" I nodded and kissed tip of his nose.

"What time does your last class get out?" I asked him.

"6," Niall replied, "And yours ends at 6:15. Just be back at the room by 6:40 and we'll be alright." I nodded and let go of his hands.

"I have to get to English. I'll see you tonight, yeah?" Niall nodded.

"Tonight. Have fun in English. I heard the new professor is a pervert for young adult men like you." I laughed.

"I promise to not let her in my pants." Niall blew me a kiss and walked towards Louis and Harry, making them break their make-out session. I grabbed my things and headed to class with a gigantic smile on my face.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Only one part left! 😢 Please vote for this!