Chapter 10

~Liam~

I was so distraught from what happened that I had to take the next day all to myself to let the fact that my best friend ran away from me. I went to a library for the peace and quiet. I sat in a beanbag chair and read a random book.

As much as I tried to put all my attention into the novel, I just couldn't stop thinking about Niall. The fact that he was older just screwed up my head. He had dyed his hair, which threw me off when I first saw him. The worst part was that he looked so...broken. His once bright blue eyes were dull and sunken in. He looked thinner and bonier. Was he depressed?

"Excuse me?" I hear a voice asked from above me, "Are you Liam?" I looked up to see the two other boys from the music shop. I nodded and stood up.

"Yeah," I answered, "And you need me?"

"We don't," the long haired one said, "but Niall does."

"He skipped work yesterday," the other one explained, "and he's ignoring everything today. He's still at the shop right now, but he's all gloomy. And it's all because of you." I stepped back a little, taken back.

"I wasn't planning on running into him again," I explained, "I haven't seen him since we were 11. And I have no clue why he ran off!" The shorter one crossed his arms.

"You need to see him," he said in monotone, "and he needs to see you," he turned to the other boy, "Haz, go get Niall and meet us at Starbucks." The other boy nodded and walked off.

"This could end up being useless," I said as we walked out of the library, "You saw how he reacted when he saw me. It's going to end up bad." I looked and the boy, whose names I learned was Louis, shook his head.

"Have a little faith," he assured me, "he was probably just surprised." I nodded and entered Starbucks. We ordered our drinks and sat at a table in he corner.

A few minutes later, I saw Niall being dragged into the coffee shop by the other guy, Harry. He looked like he was going to pass out asleep at any moment.

"Harry!" He complained, "I want to go back to work! Or home!"

"Suck it up, Horan!" Harry snapped and shoved Niall towards me as I stood up. Niall tripped and almost fell. I caught him before he could topple over. He looked at me with his blue eyes, which had definitely lost the light they once had.

"Hi Liam..." He trailed. I smiled a little.

"Hi Niall."

"Okay!" Louis proclaimed, "Harry and I are heading back to the shop. We'll just leave you too."

"Have fun!" Harry called as he and Louis left the store, leaving me and Niall alone.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi! I am so sorry chapters are so short. The ones I am writing now are much longer, trust me. Please vote!