Chapter 9

~Niall~

"Where the hell were you?!" Louis yelled as I walked into the store, "I thought you said you'd be back after a few hours. You skipped the whole day!"

"Come off it, Louis," I shot back, "I miss one day in all 3 years of me working here, and it was for a damn good reason."

"What 'damn good reason'?" I closed my mouth and just shook my head. I walked past him and set my guitar behind the check our desk like usual. Louis stalked up to the desk, standing on the other side.

"Why did you skip?" He asked more nicely, "I know that you hate not being here, so why did you leave?" I sighed and started going through the cash register like I did everyone morning before the store opened.

"It's complicated," I explained, "it's all years passed. Nothing that important now." Louis raised his eyebrow and scoffed.

"Not that important?" He asked, "You ran out crying! Harry and I almost chased you to Main Street before we lost sight of you. What happened? Was it that boy?" I walked to the CD area and began to restock them.

"He and I knew each other growing up. It's not that big of a deal." I saw Louis roll his eyes and put his hands up in defense.

"Whatever," he said, going to the instruments area to straighten them. I sighed and continued refilling holes in the CD shelves and reorganizing by alphabetical order. After me and Louis finished setting everything up, I flipped the sign on the door to say open and went to the back room.

There, Harry was on his phone playing a game. I chuckled and sat across from him.

"Avoiding your boyfriend, are we?" I teased. Harry looked up at me and shook his head.

"I didn't get much sleep last night," he explained, "So mum told me to take the first hour or so off to rest up. I was already here, so I'm just hanging out back here." I laughed a little and took a water bottle out of our mini fridge.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as I sat down again, "You seemed pretty down yesterday." I sighed and shrugged.

"It is what it is," I said, "He comes, I see him, I go. It was hard seeing Liam again."

"Were you two friends?"

"The best. We are always there for one another all through primary school. He moved to America in Year 5, and that was that." I sipped on my water, the chilling rush down my throat waking me up a little more.

"Sorry buddy," Harry said softly, placing a hand on my shoulder, "Maybe you'll see him again?" I looked at him and shrugged.

"Maybe..."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

That's chapter 9! Please vote!