Chapter 12

~Liam~

We talked for about another hour. As our discussion went on, I could feel tension between us. Niall seemed like his mind was on something else other than our conversation.

After Starbucks, Niall went back to his work and I went to the hotel, sipping the last of my iced tea. I threw the cup away and went into the lobby.

"Hey Liam," my friend Andy called to me as he ran up to me, "Where were you? I thought you, Cheryl, and I were going to see Big Ben and the London Eye today." I shook my head a little and gave an apologetic smile.

"Sorry Andy," I said, "I was catching up with an old friend I ran into yesterday." He nodded and walked with me to our shared hotel room.

"Fun. I wish I knew people from here." I chuckled.

"I'm from here, you arse." Andy laughed and sat on the bed. I sat next to him and went on my phone.

"So," I said, looking at my calendar, "wanna go for a buddy's night out? Maybe a game of soccer?" I saw Andy's eyes widen a little, but soften fast.

"No, I can't," I said, "Ed already asked me to hang out. We're going mini golfing." I nodded.

"Have fun." He smiled and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I laid down on the bed and flipped on the telly. I smiled seeing that an episode of Doctor Who was on. It was my favorite for so many years. Niall and I would stay up until the morning hours and binge watch it. Those were the best days ever.

I'm not going to lie...I was worried about Niall. He seemed so much different than he did when we were younger. Sure, he was 8 years older and blond, but his personality had changed. He wasn't the bubbly boy who would beat me a Guitar Hero everyday. He wasn't the boy who was always smiling and knew what to say. He wasn't the boy who was open about everything to me. Instead, he was a man with secrets. He was hiding something, and it had to be serious. I mean, I was so hesitant to tell me that his dad left him. It wasn't that big of a deal, right? He still had his mum and everything. I know I wasn't there for years, but I was there for him. No matter what.

Who was I kidding? I was making assumptions! Niall couldn't have change so much, right? He was still the same person, just older. People mature when they get older. Well, not Louis. He seemed to have the mental age of a 6 year old. Niall still wasn't hiding anything. He couldn't have been.

He was the same person he always was.

Wasn't he?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ugh, these chapters are so short!!! They will get longer, I promise. Please vote and keep on reading!