Chapter 4

Age 11
~Niall~

"Hey Ni?" I heard. I adjusted my position on my bed to look at my mum. She leaned on the doorframe, showing a very sad face. I have a concerned face and sat up.

"Is everything okay?" I asked. She sighed and shook her head a little.

"Just...come to the living room. The Payne's are here." I shakily stood up and walked out of my bedroom and to the main room. In there were my parents, Liam, and his parents.

"Hi Niall," Mrs. Payne said calmly. I could see tears in her eyes.

"Hi," I said, sitting next to Liam. I looked to him and saw tears running down both sides of his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked in concern. I saw Liam try to speak, but words didn't come out.

"Niall," Mr. Payne said, "I got a job transfer...to America. We leave on Saturday."

My world ended right there. I looked to Liam, who had started bawling loudly into his hands. As I began to cry, I grabbed Liam and hugged him tightly. We sobbed into each other's shirts, putting all of our feeling into that one embrace. I couldn't lose him. If I did, I would have no one left to protect me from the world. I needed him.

Next thing I knew, it was the weekend and Liam was leaving. I helped him get the last of his things in the taxi cab and he shut the boot of the car.

"Liam don't leave me," I said. He looked at me and hugged me tightly, gripping onto my t-shirt. I hugged back, burying my face into his neck. We held the embrace for what felt like hours, even though it was only a few minutes.

"Liam!" His mum called, "time to go!" I let go of Liam, and a single tear fell down my face.

"Don't forget me." I said, looking down. Liam them held my chin and kissed my cheek softly. He looked at me right in the eyes.

"I could never."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I almost cried while writing this! Please vote!