Chapter 11

~Niall~

I sat down across from Liam, playing with my fingers. He looked so much different than he did when he was 11.

Of course he does you dumbass!

I shook my head a little and looked down slightly. I was so stupid sometimes. Well, all the time really. I always made dumb mistakes. Every day...

"So..." Liam said, breaking out silence, "How have you been?" I shrugged.

"Fine I guess," I lied, "I love my job and friends. Mum couldn't pay for college so I didn't go."

"Your dad had a good job," he mentioned, "How could you guys not pay?" I looked down at my shoes and shifted in my seat.

"Niall?" Liam asked softly, "What happened?" I inhaled and shook my head.

"Nothing major," I fibbed, once again, "Just financial problems. That's all..." I bit my lip and looked up.

"Okay," Liam said, "now tell me what really happened." I sighed and looked at him in his buy brown eyes. I studied him for a second. He had never looked so...handsome.

I sighed and admitted, "My dad left mum and I when I was 15. Then, mum lost her job. Her new one sucked, so she couldn't pay for my tuition." I looked at Liam. He face went pale as he bit hit lip.

"Oh Niall," he said softly, "I am so sorry! You didn't deserve that." I shook my head.

"It's fine, really. I wouldn't have met Harry and Louis if I went to college." Liam sighed softly.

"I'm still sorry. Your dad seemed like such a great person when we were growing up!"

You have no clue how bad he ended up.

"Anyway," Liam continued, "I can't believe you learned guitar! You had always wanted to do that!" I chucked a little and nodded.

"I started teaching myself about a week after you left. It's a big part of my life." Liam smirked and sipped his drink.

"I knew it would be," he said.

"Okay, what about you?" I asked, "What's been up with you lately?"

"Well, I take journalism at NYU. It's pretty cool." My eyes widened.

"You live in New York?" Liam smiled and nodded.

"We moved to Buffalo, which is in the state of New York. Mum and dad didn't want me going far for school, so I chose NYU." I smiled a tiny bit and fiddled with my fingers.

"So, are you here on a school trip or something?" Liam nodded.

"We're supposed to write a story or essay about a deep feeling we get from our experiences here once we go back. We're here until the end of the month." I nodded. I looked at my phone and saw a text from Louis.

From: Louis

Hope you are having fun with Mr. Muscles on that end. He's hunky, huh?😉

I sighed and texted him back.

To: Louis

You idiot. You saw he has a girlfriend. He's obviously straight.

So, there was something I was hiding from Liam. It was the whole reason I was crying when I was 9.

I was gay.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Surprised? Niall's gay, so that makes things easier, right? Please vote!