Chapter 17

I listened to the ring as I called Ellie.

"Hey Lydia what's up?" Ellie answered.

"Hey I thought I could come over"

"Yeah sure. Louis's going to see Niall anyways so ill be here alone" She informs me.

"Alright I'll be there soon." I hung up the phone and drove to Ellie's house. 

Ellie opened the door and her eyes were bloodshot.

"Oh my god what's wrong?" I walked inside and closed the door behind me.

She motioned for me to come into the living room and we sat on the couch. I looked at her as she tried to gain her composure to talk about what was going on.

"I woke up this morning..." Her eyes started to water but she sucked back the tears.

"I pulled up the covers and there was...blood on the sheets." Tears began to fall down her face.

"Lydia, I lost the baby. It's gone." She put her face in her hands and began to cry after informing me of her miscarriage.

"I'm so sorry Ellie." She slowly brought her face out of her hands and looked at me.

"Thank you for being such a great friend Lydi." She pulled me into a hug and let the rest of her tears fall onto my shoulder.

"Do you want to go eat?" I ask her trying to lighten the mood. I pulled away from her. She wiped the wetness from her eyes.

"Yeah."

"Okay let's go in my car." We left and went to chilies.

Our waiter showed us to our table and we sat down.

"How's Niall?" Ellie looked at me for an answer.

"He's getting better." She smiled at my reply.

"So how about your relationship?" She had a smirk on her face. I couldn't help but bring my mind to Harry.

"I'm not sure. I've actually been around Harry a lot lately. I think I might even have feelings for him." I blurted out before I could stop myself.

Ellie's eyes went wide and her jaw dropped.

I brought my hand to my mouth.

"Did you just say you have feelings for Harry?" I opened my mouth about to say something but nothing came out.

"Lydia talk to me. What the hell is going on between you and Harry?" She commenads me wanting answers. I calmed myself before finally speaking.

"At the party i got a little drunk then Harry brought me into his room and I ended up sleeping in the bed with him. Since then we've been hanging out and we may have kissed...a lot." Ellie tried not to smile as I told her about Harry. I knew she was disappointed with me though because of Niall.

"What about Niall? Does he know?" I shook my head.

"No I don't know what to do. Niall is amazing. I think I was even close to loving him but Harry... Harry is just perfect." Ellie looked at me like I was crazy.

"You need to do something about Niall. You can't do this to him"

"I know I just need to figure out what I'm going to do." She gave me an understanding look and stayed quiet.

"Can you please not tell anyone about me and Harry? Not even Louis. I really need to figure all of this out and I don't want to hurt Niall." She nodded and I smiled at her.

"I'm sorry to bring this up but does Louis know about what happened with you this morning?" She looked down.

"No I didn't know how to tell him. I really didn't want to ruin his day." She looked back up at me.

"How do you think he's going to react?" She had a sad look on her face.

"I have no idea. I'm scared that he's not going to want to get married anymore." I looked at her and my heart sank.

"That's not going to happen. Louis loves you and cares about you. This isn't going to affect him wanting to marry you." She gave me a weak smile. I didn't know if what I told her was true. I really have no idea how Louis is going to react. I don't think Ellie should worry though.