Chapter 43

Me and Candice sit down at a booth and wait for a waiter to take our orders. I can't help but want to confront Candice about her engagement that I had no idea about. It's not like I'm mad at her. I just wish she would have told me. The blonde waitress quickly takes our orders then leaves us alone at the table.

"Why didn't you tell that you are engaged?" I blurt and Candice looks at me, obviously caught off guard by my question.

"I don't know. I guess it just never came up."

"Does mom and dad know?"

"Yes, I live with them. Kyle proposed to me two weeks ago."

"I'm sorry Lyd, it completely slipped my mind. I should have told you sooner." She apologizes.

"It's okay. I probably should have guessed you were engaged with that diamond on your finger." I mention the ring that she is wearing. "Yeah, I didn't even expect him to propose. I was so surprised and I cried, a lot." A smile tugs at her lips as she looks at the ring on her ring. I can tell how happy Candice is being with Kyle and maybe some day that will be me and Harry. "I'm so happy for you, Candice." I smile at her. Our conversation is interrupted as the waitress sets our plates of food in front of us and we immediately start eating.

...........

When I walk into my bedroom Harry is laying on the bed. He sits up and smiles at me. "Hey baby." He stands up from the bed and walks over to me.

"Hey, did you stay in here the whole time?" I wrap my arms around his torso and look up at him.

"Yeah I told you I would." He holds me close to his body and kisses the top of my head.

"What do you want to do?" I look up at Harry for an answer. "Do your parents have any movies worth watching?" He asks me. "I'm pretty sure they do. Come on let's go downstairs and choose a movie." I grab Harry and pull him out of the bedroom to follow me downstairs into the living room.

Harry sits next to me on the floor as I look through the movies. "Sixteen candles!" I quickly grab the movie off of the shelf and show it to Harry. "Seriously?" Harry raises his eyebrow at me. "Come on Harry, this is my favorite movie. Please." I beg Harry.

"Okay fine." He gives in and I put the movie in. I walk over to the couch and sit next to Harry. I rest my head on his shoulder as he wraps his arm around my shoulders. "Oh I forgot something." Harry says and grabs my chin to lift my head up to his. He places a soft kiss on my lips making me smile.

..........

I wake up in Harry's arms. His legs are overlapping mine and his head rests on my chest. I slowly comb my fingers through his hair as he is still asleep. His eyes flutter open and he looks up at me with a tired smile. "Good morning Lydia." He says in his raspy morning voice. He lifts his head up and softly kisses my lips. He sits up in the bed and lays his head on my shoulder with his arm still wrapped around my torso.

"How much longer do I have to wake up in this bed?" Harry asks me. I know he is wanting to go back home but we won't be leaving until Monday. "Harry, we are here for another four days." Harry groans and lifts his head from my shoulder.

"I thought we were here for your sister's birthday. Her birthday was yesterday." He looks at me.

"You can last another four days, Harry. Just please be in a good mood for me please." I beg.

"Okay fine. As long as you stay with me the rest of the time. I did not like being here without you yesterday when you went to breakfast with your sister." I wrap my arms around his torso and rest my head on his shoulder. "Thank you Harry."

When I walk into the living room my mom is sitting on the couch. "Hi Lyd." She looks over and smiles at me. "Hey mom." I walk over to where she is sitting and I sit at the opposite end of the couch.

"I am making dinner tonight. I wanted to make sure you and Harry are going to be here." She tells me.

"Yeah. Is Candice going to be here?"

"Yes, Candice and Kyle."

"Candice told me about her and Kyle's engagement yesterday." I inform my mother and she snaps her head towards me. "Oh Lyd, we forgot to tell you didn't we?" I can here the guilt in her voice. "Don't worry about it mom."

"Where's Harry?" She looks around as if Harry were in the room but she hadn't noticed. "He's upstairs taking a shower." I say and she nods her head.

"What made you want to make dinner tonight?" I ask my mother, bringing up the family dinner she had mentioned earlier.

"I wanted to make a nice dinner and everyone be together before you and Harry leave to go back to Atlanta." I remember my mom's cooking when I lived here and it was amazing. I am honestly excited to finally taste my mother's cooking again after almost three years.

"Lydia, how serious are you and Harry?" My mother's question catches me of guard. "Pretty serious I guess. Why?" I look at my mom, curious of to why she is asking me this.

"Do you love him?" She asks me, dodging my question. "Yes I do." I answer her. "I just want to make sure that this boy really cares about you. I don't want you getting involved with a jerk. Don't get me wrong, I love Harry. He is an absolute sweetheart. I just want you to make sure that he is there for you." She says. I already know how I feel about Harry and I know that he does care about me. "Mom, you don't have to worry about anything. Harry is amazing. He cares about me and loves me. He would never hurt me. I promise." I tell her and she smiles.

........

My family sits around the dining room table as my mom sets the last plate of food down. Harry sits next to me while Candice and Kyle sit across from us and my mom and dad sit at each end of the table. My mother had prepared a very nice dinner. She made lasagna, salad, and garlic bread. The Italian meal smells delicious as I place a good amount of lasagna onto my plate.

"Harry, we don't know much about you. Please tell us about yourself." My mother looks at Harry.

"Well, I am from Michigan. Once I graduated from high school I moved to Atlanta to attend UGA." Harry tells my mother and she smiles at him.

"What are your plans after college?"

"I am planning on becoming a photographer."

"Really? I have a friend who is a photographer. I can probably have her speak to you and maybe give you some advice on becoming a professional photographer before you and Lydia leave." From the smile on Harry's face I can tell he is happy with my mother's suggestion. "That would be great. Thank you." Harry turns to me and smiles. He grabs my hand from under the table and laces his fingers through mine.

"Lydia, are you planning on coming to Candice and Kyle's wedding?" My mother asks me. I hadn't even thought about my sister's wedding with the fact that I just found out about it yesterday. "I would love to. When is it?"

"In June." Candice answers my question.

"Well then of course. I would never miss my own sister's wedding." I smile at Candice and she returns the gesture.

The dinner continues with my dad talking about his job and my mom occasionally asking Harry questions about his photography.