Chapter 37

Last night was such a terrible night with what happened. It finally sunk in this morning that Louis broke up with Ellie. I know she is devastated and I want to go see her, but I know that is not a good idea.

"I have to go to class soon." Harry tells me and I lift my head up from his shoulder.

"Okay, I think I'm going to go to Niall's house and hangout with him." I say and he leans down to kiss my forehead.

"Alright, I'm leaving. I will see you later." Harry stands up from the couch, leaving me alone in the quiet house. I start to feel lonely so I grab my keys and go to Niall's house.

..........

"So where's Harry?" Niall asks me as he walks out of the kitchen with a bag of chips and two cokes.

"He went to class." I tell him.

"Oh yeah. Doesn't he do photography or something like that?" He sits next to me on the couch and sets the chips and drinks on the coffee table.

"Yeah." I answer.

Niall rests his elbow on the back of the couch and looks at me. "I miss you Lyd." He says and gives me a weak smile.

"Well, I'm right here, so how exactly are you missing me?" I smile at him.

He looks at me in the eyes and moves closer to me. "You know what I mean, Lydia." I turn away from him. Niall reaches his hand up to my face and makes me look at him. "I am not going to do anything. Kissing you was a terrible thing for me to do. I should have never put you in a position like that. I'm sorry, Lydia." Niall's apology lifts the weight off my shoulders.

"Niall, do you still love me?" I ask Niall the deep question that I am starting to regret asking.

"Yes, of course I do. But I would never act upon it. You and Harry are together and I respect that." He takes a strand of my hand in his hand and twists it around his finger.

"Would you ever take me back? I'm not saying anything, but if you could would you take me back?" I ask Niall.

"Honestly, I wouldn't because I know you wouldn't be happy." Niall says which takes me by surprise.

"Why wouldn't I be happy with you?"

"You never looked at me the way you look at him. Lyd, I love you and because of that I want you to be happy even if it means that we're not together." Niall's words warm my heart and make me smile.

"Niall, I love you so much. Not in the same way, but I do. You have been there for me and I cannot thank you enough." I move closer to Niall and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Anything for you Lyd." He whispers to me.

"Do you have anything other than chips and coke?" I look up at Niall as my head lays on his lap.

"Yeah, I also have poptarts and beer." He tells me which makes me laugh.

Niall grabs an opened bag of potato chips from the coffee table and shoves a handful into his mouth.

"How are you and Bentley?" I ask Niall.

"That didn't work out."

"What happened?"

"She never stopped asking questions and she made things awkward and uncomfortable. I pretty much stopped talking to her then she started coming to my house so eventually I told her I didn't want to see her anymore." He explains.

"What was her reaction?" I ask.

"She cried but I didn't really care so I kinda just nicely pushed her out the door." He picks up the coke setting on the side table next to him and takes a sip. "How are you and Harry?" Niall sets the drink back on the table and looks at me.

"We're doing very well. I just needed to figure something out about myself so that I could fix me and Harry's relationship." I sit up from the position I had previously been in.

"What is that?" Niall props his head up on his elbow.

"Just stuff from my past." I say and he raises his eyebrow at me.

"Explain please." He looks at me and smiles.

"The summer before my junior year of high school I dated this guy, Josh. He ended up cheating on me and it really hurt me and changed me. After he cheated on me I started cheating on every guy I dated and I slept with almost every guy at my school. By the end of my senior year I realized who I had become and I wanted to change. I went to therapy and forgot about everything that I had done and about Josh and pretty much my high school years. I had developed the habit of cheating on guys and brought it with me. That's why I cheated on Parker, Harry, and you." I pause and look at Niall, who is listening attentively. "Last weekend I went to California and my mom reminded me about everything that had happened with Josh. I found Josh and we talked. We had a good conversation about what had happened between us and it helped me a lot. I came back and immediately went to Harry." A smile appears on my face as I remember the feeling of coming back to Harry.

"You love Harry don't you?" Niall looks me in the eyes.

"Yes, I do." I answer him and he smiles.