Chapter 21

Niall's POV.

I quickly stripped from my hospital gown and put on my jeans and t-shirt. I said my thank you's and goodbyes to the nurses then followed Louis out of the hospital.

He looked over at me as he drove.

"Are you glad to finally be out of that hell hole?" I laughed.

"Yeah of course I am. I was bored out of my mind." Louis smiled then focused his attention back on the road.

"Can you take me to Harry's?" Louis looked at me confused.

"Uh yeah sure." He turned onto the next street going towards Harry's house.

We finally pulled up to the large brick house.

"Thanks Lou." I unbuckled my seat belt and opened the car door.

"Do you need me to stay so you have a ride home?" Louis asked me.

"Nah I can get a ride." He nodded and I closed the door before he drove away. I walked up the steps to Harry's front door and took a deep breath before knocking on the door. When it opened Lydia was standing in front of me. Anger came over me with the fact that my girlfriend was opening my best friend's door. She looked almost nervous looking at me.

"He Lydi where's Harry?" I pushed past her into the house.

"Uhm...upstairs. Do you want me to go get him?" Her voice shook as she spoke.

"Harry get your ass down here right now!" I yelled.

I heard footsteps running down the stairs then I finally saw him. My best friend...ex best friend.

"Niall! Hey you're out of the hospital." Harry walked towards me.

"Yea, no dip." I snapped at him. He looked away from me at Lydia. He didn't say anything. He just stood there like an idiot looking at MY girlfriend. I turned around towards Lydia.

"Come on, you're coming home with me." She opened her mouth about to say something but nothing came out. I grabbed her arm pulling her with me out the door. I ignored Harry as he called my name while we left.

"Give me your keys." I held out my hand and she placed the keys in my hand.

"Niall please don't hate Harry. He didn't do anything." I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up and get in the car." She looked upset as she got into the car but didn't say another word.

 I opened my front door letting Lydia into my house and I walked in behind her.

"I'm tired so we're not going to talk about any of this right now." I started to walked towards the stairs before Lydia finally said something.

"No, we are talking right now. The way you treated Harry back there was unnecessary. He didn't do anything wrong. You should be mad at me not him." I turned around and took a step toward her.

"He's my best friend and stole you away from me and you're saying he didn't do anything wrong!" I raised my voice. "But you know what? You're right, I should be mad at you. I told you I love you and you've been messing around with Harry this whole time behind my back! How could I have been so naive to not know that something was going on. You make me sick. I don't even want to look at you!" I made sure not to keep my eyes off of her so that she could feel every bit of guilt that I could make her feel.

"Then why did you bring me here? Why did you take me away from Harry and bring me to your house just to yell at me and tell me how terrible of a person I am? I know what I did was wrong and I feel the worst guilt I have ever felt in my life, but you have no right forcing me to come to your house and yelling at me and treating my like shit!" Lydia's eyes became red and I could tell she was on the verge of crying. I know I'm mad at her but I care about her too much to see her this way.

"I just don't understand why you would do that to me." I said in a calmer tone.

"Honestly I don't either Niall. It just happened. I know you're going to hate hearing this but I have feelings for Harry, strong feelings that won't go away. And I don't think they will be going away anytime soon." My heart sank hearing those words come from her mouth. I broke eye contact with her and looked away.

"You should have told me or at least broken up with me before becoming closer with him instead of leading me on and letting me tell you that I love you." She looked at me with sad eyes.

"I'm so sorry Niall. I didn't know how far it would go between me and him." I stayed silent for a while standing there in front of my betrayal of a girlfriend.

"I can't look at you Lydia. I'm sorry I just can't. It's too much for me to take in and handle. I'm going upstairs. You can stay here if you want but feel free to go back to him." She didn't say anything.

I turned away and walked up the stairs leaving her there.