Chapter 31

"Louis just called me and said there's a party at Zayn's house tonight." Harry tells me as he walks over to the couch to sit next to me.

"I wouldn't mind going to a party. Do you want to go?" I ask Harry hoping he says yes.

"Yeah sure." I smile at his answer and he leans towards me to softly kiss my lips.

"Okay well then I'm going to go get ready." I leave Harry on the couch and run up the stairs.

.........

Harry grabs my wrist and pulls me through the crowd of people towards Louis and Ellie.

"Hey! We haven't seen you two at these parties in a while." Louis yells over the loud music blasting throughout the house.

"I'm going to go find zayn." Harry tells me before disappearing in the large mass of people.

I feel someone pull at my arm and I turn around to find Niall.

"Hey Lyd, do you want a drink?" He asks me and holds up a red cup.

"Uhm..no thanks." I say and Niall holds the cup closer to me.

"Come on just one drink won't do any harm." I finally give in and grab the cup from Niall's hand. I take a sip and the cold liquid burns as it rushes down my throat.

"What is this?" I ask Niall.

"I'm not sure I didn't really look at the bottle. It's either beer or liquor." He tells me and laughs. I roll my eyes at him and tilt my head back as I take another gulp of the drink. "Where's Harry?" Niall looks around.

"I don't know. Can I get another drink?" Niall looks at me and nods.

"Yeah, come with me." I follow Niall into the kitchen and he grabs a bottle from the counter. He takes the red cup from my hand and pours the liquid into it.

"Here, this is vodka. See if you like it." He slides the cup back to me and I pick it up slowly, taking a sip.

My nose scrunches from the strong taste. "Woah that's strong." I say as I set the cup back down. Niall looks at me and softly laughs.

After four drinks I start to feel dizzy.

"Lydia?" I lift my head up from the counter to look at Niall. "Do you want to go upstairs?" He asks me.

"Yeah." I follow him through crowd towards the stairs. He opens the door to a bedroom and walks in.

"How are you feeling?" Niall closes the door behind him and I sit on the edge of the bed.

"Great." I start to uncontrollably laugh and Niall tilts his head and raises his eyebrow at me. He walks over and sits next to me. I look over at him and smile.

"I missed being around you. Alone." He tells me and my heart stops. I don't say anything to him. He lifts his hand up to my face and rubs his thumb across my cheek. He brings his head down closer to my face and looks me in the eyes. Before I know what's going on I feel Niall's lips attach to mine. He tangles his hands into my hair and deepens the kiss.

"Lydia?" My heart sinks when I hear his voice. I immediately stand up and look at Harry. "What the hell is going on?" Harry looks at Niall and his face turns blazing red. He looks back at me and I can see the sadness behind his anger. "Let's go. We're leaving." Harry pulls me out of the bedroom and out of the house.

..........

Last night when me and Harry got home he went straight upstairs leaving me alone. I ended up sleeping on the couch. I woke up this morning with a major headache. I can't believe that I kissed Niall. Technically he kissed me but I didn't stop him and I can't blame my intoxication for what I did. I know I broke Harry's heart.

When Harry walks downstairs he doesn't say a word to me. He walks into the kitchen and a few minutes later, I join him. He is sitting at the table eating waffles.

"Do you have anything to help with a hangover?" I ask Harry.

"There's aspirin in the cabinet." I open the cabinet and pull out the bottle of aspirin. I drink a sip of water then take the pills. I look over at Harry and can tell he's upset. When I sit across from him he doesn't look at me.

"I'm sorry." I blurt. Harry looks up at me but doesn't say anything. "I had no idea he was going to kiss me. It just happened and I'm so sorry Harry I really am." He looks away from me.

"You didn't stop him." He finally says.

"I know. Once I heard your voice I was horrified." I tell him and I see the anger form in his eyes.

"You were only horrified because I came in. If I never came in you would have never told me about it." Harry's words make my heart hurt.

"I would have told you." He stands up from the table and takes his plate to the sink.

"You didn't tell Niall when you kissed me." The words that escape from Harry's lips burn through me as he walks out of the kitchen.