Chapter 47

I stay beside Harry as we walk through the airport. He is leaving today and I don't think the ache in my heart could hurt any worse. He is actually leaving. He will be in California and I am going to be in Atlanta. Harry grabs my hand and tangles his fingers with mine.

"I have to go now, Lydia." Harry looks at me with sadness clear in his face. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me tight.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Harry. I love you." I burry my face into his chest.

"I love so much Lyd. I'm gonna miss you too." He pulls away and places his lips on mine. He gives me one last hug before leaving me standing there. I watch him as he walks away, and I can feel the tears begin to fall from my eyes. Once Harry is out of sight I turn around and leave the airport.

When I get into my car I break. The tears pour from my eyes. He's gone. Watching him walk away was the hardest thing I have ever done. Why am I not with him? I should be with him right now and leaving to go to California. I calm myself down and wipe the tears from my eyes. I just need to get home. No, I'm not going home. I need to talk to Niall. He was right. I should have gone with Harry. Why was I so stupid to not go with him? There is nothing for me in Atlanta. I'm not going to college. I don't even have a job. I am going to Niall's house to talk to him. He will tell me what to do. He's the only one that can help me.

............

I walk past Niall and into his house. My eyes are red from crying on my way here, and I know that I look a mess right now. My bun has fallen, my makeup is smeared, and my cheeks are stained with tears.

"You just dropped off Harry didn't you?" Niall gives me a look of pity.

"I should have listened to you. I should have gone with him." I sit down on the couch and Niall sits next to me.

"Then why are you here?" He asks me.

"I needed someone to talk to. I don't know what to do." I look at Niall and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Leave." He points towards the front door.

"What?" I look at him confused.

"You should be on a plane right now going to California, but instead you sitting here with me wasting your time. You need to get your ass up and go to Harry. Be with him, Lydia. You are an idiot for staying in Atlanta!" Niall stands up from the couch.

I sit there in silence until I finally say, "I'm going to California." I look up at him and smile. "Thank you so much, Niall." I stand up from the couch and wrap my arms around him.

"Well, that was easy." He laughs. "You are an amazing girl, Lydia. I am going to miss you so much." He tangles his fingers in my hair and looks at me in the eyes. "I love you. That's why I have to do this before you leave." He crashes his lips into mine. The familiar feel of his lips is great. He pulls away and smiles at me.

"I love you, Niall. Not in the same way that you love me, but just know that I do." I wrap my arms around his torso and pull him close. This is probably going to be the last time I see Niall. He has been an amazing guy to me. He's my best friend and I am going to miss him. I release myself from Niall's grip and walk towards the door.

"Goodbye, Lyd." I can see the hint of sadness in his eyes. I reach up and place a soft kiss on his lips.

"Bye, Niall." I walk out of the house and down the porch steps. Niall stands on the porch as he watches me get into my car. As I pull out of the driveway Niall gives me one last wave before I drive away.