Chapter 45

"Lydia." I look over at Harry in the seat beside me. We have been on the plane for about an hour now.

"What?" I can tell Harry is starting to get in a bad mood. "I'm hungry." He looks at me with a tired look. I grab my bag from under the seat. I came prepared this time, bringing snacks for Harry so that he wouldn't get cranky from not eating. "Here." I pull out some peanut butter crackers and hand them to Harry. He doesn't even hesitate before tearing the packaging open. "Thank you, Lyd." He smiles at me and stuffs a cracker in his mouth. He quickly finishes the crackers and places the wrapper inside of my bag.

"I'm glad you took me with you." Harry looks at me. "I'm glad you came." I smile at him. "I am going to miss you, Lydia." He looks away from me and down at his hands. "I wish you would come with me to California. I have no idea what I am going to do without you." The mention of Harry's move makes my heart ache. I have been trying to forget about the move so that I won't be upset.

"Harry, please don't talk about this right now." Harry lifts his head up and looks back at me. "No Lydia, we are going to talk about this right now. There is no reason why you shouldn't move with me. I want to be together, but that can't happen if you're on the other side of the country." I look away from Harry. "Don't just sit there. Talk to me." He places his hand on my face and turns my head so that I am looking at him. "Move with me, please. I love you, Lydia. I don't want to lose you." Harry looks into my eyes and doesn't break eye contact with me.

"No." Harry's expression becomes sad.

"Lydia, please."

"Harry please stop talking. You are making this harder than it needs to be." I tear my eyes away from his. "No I'm not. Just..." I hold my hand up for him to stop talking. "Harry, just stop." I can see the hurt in his eyes, but he doesn't say another word.

..........

Harry's POV.

When I woke up this morning Lydia wasn't in the bed with me. I looked around the house, but she wasn't there. I have not heard from her all day. I called her a few times and even texted her, but she hasn't answered.

I know that she is upset about me moving. I don't want to leave her but this is a great opportunity for me. Lydia just needs to pack up her things and move with me. I know it sounds selfish but I really wish that she would. I love Lydia and I want to be with her. I'm scared that because of the move my relationship with her will not last much longer. I can tell she is having a hard time with me moving. With the fact that I'm leaving next week makes it even harder. I asked Jennifer if I could leave in a few weeks instead, but she said that she needs me to be in California by next thursday. Lydia needs some time to think about this. I hope that she will change her mind and move with me, because if she doesn't then I have no idea what I am going to do without her.

I still haven't told any of the guys that I'm moving. I was planning on taking Lydia with me today to tell everyone, but that obviously isn't going to happen, due to her absence. I just need to give her some space and time to think before I bring up the move to her again.

..........

Lydia's POV.

I left Harry's house yesterday morning before he woke up. I did not want to be with him yesterday. He will not stop bringing up the move, and he keeps asking me to go with him. Harry needs to understand that I am not moving to California with him. I want to be with Harry more than anything. I honestly have no idea what I am going to do.

I am on my way to his house right now. I feel bad about leaving yesterday morning without telling him. I didn't even answer any of his texts or calls. I needed some time alone to think about things. When I walk up the stairs to Harry's front door I almost turn around and go back home, but I'm stopped when the door opens.

"Lydia." Harry steps out of the house and pulls me into a hug. "I missed you yesterday. Where were you?" He asks me.

"I was at home. I didn't feel good, so I went home." I lie.

"Oh, well I'm glad you're here now." We walk into the house and I notice that Harry is already starting to pack. There are a few boxes behind the couch filled with his belongings. The realization of Harry's move makes my heart ache as I look at the cardboard boxes.

"Are you okay?" Harry's question snaps me out of my thoughts. "Yeah." I give him a weak smile.

"I went to Niall's house yesterday. I told him that I'm moving to California. He was a bit surprised." Harry informs me. "He said he wanted to see you and talk to about something." I watch Harry as he takes a large mirror off of the wall and places it in one of the boxes.

"Have you been packing all day?" I ask him. "Kind of. I went over to Zayn's this morning to tell him and Liam that i'm moving. Then I went to the store to pick up some boxes, so I have been packing for about three hours now." He tells me. I can tell that Harry is excited about moving, but I can also see the hint of sadness. I just wish he didn't have to go. I want him to stay in Atlanta with me.