Chapter 1

Charlotte Midnight

Jessica and I have gotten along really well since I found her and I was currently giving her a tour of the land. My dad allowed me and Jess to go out alone as long as we were back before 6pm for dinner. It was fine with me because he barely lets me out without my second in command so it was really rare for this to happen.

I suddenly came to a halt as I smelt an unusual smell off in the distance.

Red Blood pack spies.

I changed my direction so I was going in the direction of were I smelt the rouges. I couldn't smell anyone from my pack going to the scene so I knew I was alone in this fight.

I walked up to the 6 werewolves. I was a little outnumbered but I might stand a chance with Jess following behind me. There were 5 in wolf form and one female in human form. They didn't look like they were ready to fight so I guess they were here to talk. I nodded my head at Jess before walking behind a tree and changing into human form and putting on some clothes I had in my backpack I carried between my teeth.

"State your name and purpose in my land and I might let you live," I stated clearly as I walked out from behind the tree. The group snickered at my statement. I noticed two more wolves have changed into human form, both fit male wolves.

"Your land?" one of the men questioned.

"Did I stutter? You heard my correctly now state your name and purpose," I growled impatiently and frustrated because they didn't think it was my land. My dad may be Alpha but it is still my land.

"Do you think you could hurt six wo--" one man began but was silenced by the woman.

"My name is Georgia Hartley, Pack Warrior of Red Blood pack. My purpose is to talk to Alpha Midnight about a treaty with Alpha Red," the woman said. She had long natural red hair that flowed naturally down her back. I couldn't see her eyes from this distance but she was certainly beautiful.

"Alpha Midnight is busy, I don't believe in such treaty," I said questioningly

"Yes, the treaty was arranged earlier, we just need Alpha Midnight to sign," she lied. It was obvious she was lying, especially to me. I growled loudly and powerfully. Birds nearby fled from there tree's at the noise and the leaves fell of the tree's at the vibration of the noise.

The wolves in front of me were shocked. I was also a bit shocked but I wouldn't tell anyone that.

"I don't appreciate being lied to."

With one nod of Georgia's head the three wolves attacked. They all launched at me while the other three in human form just stood back and watched. Jess jumped in front of me and pushed one of the wolves back leaving me with the other two. I jumped at one of them which appeared to be the weakest and changed into my snow-white wolf, with orange ears in mid air.

I bit into the wolves neck and left it there. I made sure the bite would leave him in pain, unable to move, but not enough to kill him. He could be useful for information.

I felt a sharp pain in my left leg which caused me to whimper in pain. The pain continued to shoot through my leg as the other wolf didn't release its grip. I kicked my right leg causing the wolf to release its bite and back of slightly, leaving me with time to turn around in preparation of a defence attack.

As the wolf and I stared into each other's ferocious eyes, an aggressive growl reached our ears.

All fighting stopped and I turned to look at where the growl came from. Out came my second in command, Austin; my dad; and his Beta, Christian. The wolf behind me sank his teeth into my left leg again causing even more pain to ripple through my body. I whimpered again and was about to turn around to snap at him before Austin jumped in the air and changed into his light brown wolf and attacked him, killing him on spot.