Chapter 10

Charlotte Midnight's POV

I sighed and turned away from Austin. Austin is one of the most important people in my life and now he hates me. I had the best intentions when I ran with Austin, I honestly just wanted him to be safe. If it wasn’t for my stupid heat, we probably wouldn’t have stopped. This is all my fault. Austin was right, I am so selfish.

"Charlotte?" A voice called. I looked up to see where the voice came from, "your Alpha Red's mate?" Nathan asked. I walked over to the bars that separated us and leaned against them, facing the two teenagers in front of me.

"umm, yeah," I said awkwardly. They gaped at me and their eyes widened.

"Dude!" Parker shouted as he turned to Nathan. This is the first I have seen Parker so energetic and lively, normally he is the quite one out of the pair, "we're talking to the Luna!"

I giggled at his excitement and I heard Austin huff from behind me, and knowing Austin, he most likely rolled his eyes too.

"Chill man," Nathan replied then turned to me, "So if you are the Luna, why are you down here?"

I knew this question was going to come, I wish it was before Austin got here though, "Lets just say, I was trying to protect someone I love, Ayden wasn’t happy so he locked me down here for god knows how long," I sighed and looked down at the ground in the hallway.

"Don’t worry Luna, Alpha will realise he has done wrong soon," Parker explained empathetically.

"Please just call me Charlotte or Charlie, people call my mother Luna," I laughed but straight away gasped and covered my mouth after I said it.

"wait, your Charlotte, as in Charlotte Midnight?" Nathan asked as they stared at me, both looked confused, angry and shocked.

"Umm yeah," I said as I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. Why am I so mortified with my name? I should be saying it with pride, pride of my past fathers as well.

"why would you be Luna?" Parker spat, "why would Ayden even accept you as his mate? Your just an enemy to this pack."

I loud growl rippled through the atmosphere from behind me, "how dare you talk to her like that!" Austin roared. He can act very bi-polar at times, but he is and will always be my solace, "you should be treating her with respect! Not just because she is an amazing, beautiful girl or because she is your Luna but also because she could have you killed in seconds."

"Sorry Luna, Parker and I offer you our Veneration," Nathan's voice shook with fear. He bowed his head towards me and so did Parker, hesitantly.

"It's okay, and I insist you call me Charlotte or Charlie," I smiled back at them. Many people say forgiveness is my best and worst quality. I forgive people too easily and too quickly.

I turned away from Nathan and Parker just as I saw them bow their heads, I wanted the conversation to end right there. I looked Austin right in the eye and saw he was standing up by now. He shrugged his shoulders and slumped back down onto the bed.