Chapter 3

Charlotte Midnight

When I got back to his house I was shocked to see how clean it was. He led my upstairs and into a small cosy room. It appeared to be a master suite since it had two doors coming off it leading to a bathroom and a walk-in-robe. The room was quite small but it just added to the cottagey feel to the house, the room had a double sized bed in the middle and bed side tables either side, it also had glass, French doors leading onto a balcony.

"Sleep," Ayden commanded before walking away. As he was about to walk out the door I spoke up.

"Is that all you are going to say to me?" I questioned in a small voice.

"I don't have anything else to say to you," he spat, he was about to walk out the door again before he turned around to look at me again, "Why did you run away from me?" he questioned but before I could answer he rose his voice, "HOW DARE YOU RUN AWAY FROM ME! I didn't do anything to hurt you. There was no reason to run away from your mate. We are supposed to want to be together!" he roared in his Alpha tone, I uncontrollably whimpered at his tone and so did my wolf, his eyes softened and so did his tone, "don't you want to be with me?"

"I ran away because I don't want to be here, I don't want to be here with you," I whispered, if Ayden didn't have wolf hearing he probably wouldn't have heard it. I looked down at the ground, well, I looked anywhere away from his eyes. The truth is I did want to be with him, just not his pack, he may be a mean, ruthless Alpha but he is still mine, my mate.

Without any warning, Ayden stepped outside of the room and slammed the door shut, causing the whole house to shake from the vibration. I whimpered again at the loud noise that truly did scare me, he truly did scare me. But the slamming of the door wasn't the thing that scared me the most, it was the locking sound that came next.

I quickly ran towards the door and pounded my fist against the wooden surface, "Ayden don't do this!" I shouted through the door, but it was too late. I knew he had already walked away.

I sighed and turned around to look at the bed, I wasn't tired at all, I was more awake then ever to be honest. I walked over to the French doors and opened them. I walked onto the balcony and saw a small round table with two chairs around it. I pulled one of the chairs out and sat down, just looking at the scenery and taking in the fresh air.

I probably could have jumped off the balcony right now and left, but I didn't feel the need to. I had a gut feeling this is where I am supposed to be, like I have a purpose for being here. I would just much rather be at home with my family for a little longer.

I was about to go back inside the room when I heard the front door open and slam again. I stood up and peaked over the balcony rail to see a frustrated looking Ayden. He was pacing back and forth under the balcony I was stood on. He threw his head back and roughly rubbed his face.

"What the fuck am I going to do?" he groaned, he was obviously talking to himself.

He sat down on the pebble surfaced road and picked one of the pebbles up only to throw it across the road. He picked another pebble up but kept it in his hands, just playing with it.

He looked up at the roof but luckily he didn't see me, his eyes had tears in them which surprised me. I had never seen any Alpha cry before, all though I had only met my dad, Ayden and two other Alphas.

A man from before, which I had recognized as Carter, was walking over to the house. I ducked down behind the rails hopping he hadn't seen me. I sat down and pressed my ear to the rail trying to listen as carefully as possible.

"Hey man, what's up?" Carter spoke, I could tell he was still walking over to Ayden since footsteps on the rough surface was audible. I heard a frustrated sigh which I am assuming left my mates lips and the footsteps stopped, I guess Carter had reached Ayden.