Chapter 18- 8 Days till Attack

Charlotte Midnight's POV

"Carlos?" A familiar voice, which I recognized to be Carter, called out.

A jealous growl ripped through the air, making my jump into the air slightly. I knew it was Ayden because I have heard it so many times before. I hated that sound; it almost scared me to death.

Carlos kept pushing me forward, trying to get us to leave faster, to avoid this awkward situation.

"Carlos, stop!" Ayden shouted using his full Alpha tone. Carlos had to obey the authoritative tone in his voice. If it were me, I would have stood against it, but then again, I'm Ayden's mate.

Carlos looked over at me with a sympathetic look as he stopped in his tracks. He shook his head. I knew there was nothing I could do to drag him along because he had to obey his Alpha. He turned around and bowed his head to his Alpha, like any logical wolf would do.

"Alpha," he acknowledged.

At this point, I had also stopped walking but I refused to turn around, I couldn’t bear to face him.

"Charlotte," Ayden whispered, his voice laced with hurt. He actually sounded genuinely upset, I almost turned and ran into his arms, but I held myself back. I repudiated to forgive him so easily. I would not run back into his arms, "Please, Charlotte."

I let out a low whimper and then a sniffle to hold back my tears. Just knowing he was hurting made my pain intensify by a million.

"No, Charlotte, please don't cry," I could hear his voice break mid-sentence. I let out soft sob, followed by a sniffle.

I could hear footsteps walk towards me and I knew just by the bond, that it was my mate. I still denied turning around. Every part of me, especially my wolf, was telling me to turn and jump into his arms, but I knew better.

"Can we please talk," he whispered as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I shivered at his touch, "in private."

I didn’t trust my voice, I felt like as soon as I would open my mouth, all that would leave would be sobs. I nodded my head. His hand left my shoulder but it soon reconnected with my skin, only this time it was my hand. He tugged on my hand slightly, telling me to follow, which I did.

I finally turned around and looked at him. His eyes had a slight glow to them, showing he truly did want to make things better, because he was willing to show he was weak in front of his pack for me.

We walked in silence towards his office, where I guess we were going to have our talk. Ayden pushed through the door, not bothering to knock. Upon out entry, Joshua, whom happens to be the only one in the office, stood up.

"Alpha," Joshua acknowledged Ayden but didn’t even look at me. Ayden let out a low growl and Joshua automatically knew what he had to do, "Luna," how bowed his head and looked directly into my eyes, giving me a cold stare.