A Fathers Mistake (Extra Chapter)

*Sorry for the confusion but this happened before anything in the Epilogue. This is just extra to explain what happened with Charlotte's Dad*

THESE EVENTS OCCURED BEFORE THE EVENTS IN THE EPILOGUE

Charlotte's POV

Dad growled at me with frustration, "Charlotte, it's been over five months. We are never going to find that friend of yours, we might as well give up!"

I growled back at my father "His name is Carter! And I will never give up on him dad, I can tell we are so close to finding him," I softened my voice as I got to the end of my sentence.

"I don't like this Charlotte, I don't like talking to Ayden."

My heart ached at hearing Ayden's name. I haven't seen my mate in about two months and that does things to a person. Everybody knows I haven't been the same since I got back to Midnight Moon pack, I guess I just miss my mate too much. I think that if Ayden and I hadn't mated and he hadn't marked me, then my feelings would be a lot less.

No matter how much my wolf wanted to see Ayden, she knew it was wrong. Looking back at the time I spent with him I realise the best decision I ever made was leaving. The way he treated me was awful and I never really fully understood why I forgave him after the things he did to me and the people I cared about. My wolf told me it was because he was with me and he being near me was affecting my ability to thing rationally.

"Please dad, just give it another month at least," I pleaded.

"Fine, but only one more month," My father agreed. He immediately sat down at his desk, put his head down and began working. That's the only sign I needed to tell me that I was no longer welcome in his office and he wanted me to leave.

I walked out of his office and slammed the door behind me. Ever since I got back, things between me and my father have been rocky. Before I found my mate, my father was the best man I had in my life. I looked up to him and respected him so much; now I do neither. It's funny how finding my mate has changed me from daddy's princess to a dad's worst nightmare,

"What happened this time?" My big brother, Derek, asked. Ever since I got back the only friend I have had was my brother. It seemed like nobody wanted to talk to me or be seen around me anymore, I guess they still saw me as the Luna of the enemy pack.

"He tried to cancel the search again!" I exclaimed.

"I know you want to find Carter, but can you at least see where he is coming from?"

"No, no, no, please don't tell me you are siding with him! Why is everyone in this fucking pack against me?" I yelled in frustration.

"Don't swear or yell in my house," my mother walked in and scolded me, "And hunny, I'm your mother, I can't be against you."

"Yes you can because you always side with dad," I told her.

"Well of course I side with your father! I love you Charlie but he is my mate," she chuckled.

I looked at the ground as a tried to swallow the lump that began to build in my throat. I closed my eyes as I willed myself not to cry. One of the hardest things I have been through since I got back was listening people talking about mates or seeing mates together. It really brought my mood down.

My mother realised what she had done and gasped a little, "I'm sorry hun."

I shrugged and turned around and began walking to my room. I felt like no one knew what I was going through; the only person I could confide with was myself.