New Book!

I have started writing a new werewolf book called Little Plum Girl. It is much more mature (being that it was wrote by an 18 year old rather than a 14 year old like this book was) and it is a lot less cliche than this book!

Here is chapter one for you to take a read of:

"Please, Adeline, you don't need to do this," my father paused as he coughed into his old, dirty handkerchief, "We can wait until next season."

"If I don't pick these fruits, we will be in a worse condition then we already are," I pleaded with my father but he didn't look convinced, "Nothing will happen to me dad, I can do this."

My father worriedly look towards my mother as if looking for the answer through her eyes. With a slight nod from my mother, my father caved in and allowed it.

I hurriedly tied up my dark brown hair with some old string and picked up the wooden crate. I bid my farewells before stepping out of the cottage and onto the plum farm.

Rows and rows of large trees sheltered me from the harsh rays of the sun as I delicately picked the pieces of fruit from the old trees. The trees that shelter me and the cottage that I live in have been in our family for so many generations. Both are old but the trees still hold their beauty, the same cannot be said for the rundown cottage that hardly even protects us from the rain. Still I am grateful that we have this much. There are many families that have not even a dime to their names.

As I picked the fruit throughout the day, my head would snap towards any sound, no matter what it could be. Speaking out of honesty, I was terrified. Girls from this area had been going missing for the past two years which lead to my father's hesitation in letting me farm.

Since our family has little money, the only land we could possibly afford was at the edge of the pack territory. This lead to thieves stealing our crops and now our women.

The rumour has it that it is the Dark Moon pack stealing the young girls, but I have my doubts. Why would a pack take defenceless young girls back to their land? No pack has the kind of money nor power to keep that many girls alive. What could be their purpose?

I shiver ran down my spine at the thought of what they could do to them. Maybe they aren't keeping the girls alive. Maybe they are killing the girls for some kind of fun.

I shook the thoughts out of my head.

I can't think like this, I have too much work to do.

I continue picking the fruits that are known as a delicacy to the rich. The fruit didn't have a big season which left us with one large pay check a year. It was hardly enough to keep a family of three alive. If I didn't volunteer to pick this season, we surly would be dead by winters end.

My father usually picks the fruit but this year he has been struck down polio. His mate, my mother, is praying for his survival, but I doubt he will live much longer. His muscles are becoming weaker and weaker by the day and I fear that soon enough he will be bed ridden until he dies. We can't afford to buy him medication either, there is truly no hope for him.

My hand slips as I pick one of the higher up fruits causing it to fall to the ground. I bend down to pick of the bruised fruit knowing that someone will still pay for it.

"Boo," I hear someone whisper from behind me once have stood up.

A breathless scream passes my mouth as I jump forward in hopes of escaping the voice. I turn around to see a slim, tall man.

"Graysen that wasn't funny!" I scold as I straighten out my long dress.

"I thought it was," he exclaims between laughs.